Corporate environmental and economic performances of Japanese manufacturing firms: Empirical study for sustainable development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bramoulle, Yann & Olson, Lars J., 2005. "Allocation of pollution abatement under learning by doing," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(9-10), pages 1935-1960, September.
- Shameek Konar & Mark A. Cohen, 2001. "Does The Market Value Environmental Performance?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 281-289, May.
- Karen Palmer & Wallace E. Oates & Paul R. Portney, 1995. "Tightening Environmental Standards: The Benefit-Cost or the No-Cost Paradigm?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 119-132, Fall.
- Wagner, Marcus, 2010. "The role of corporate sustainability performance for economic performance: A firm-level analysis of moderation effects," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 1553-1560, May.
- Henri, Jean-François & Journeault, Marc, 2010. "Eco-control: The influence of management control systems on environmental and economic performance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 63-80, January.
- Frondel, Manuel & Horbach, Jens & Rennings, Klaus, 2004. "End-of-Pipe or Cleaner Production? An Empirical Comparison of Environmental Innovation Decisions Across OECD Countries," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-82, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Böhringer, Christoph & Moslener, Ulf & Oberndorfer, Ulrich & Ziegler, Andreas, 2012. "Clean and productive? Empirical evidence from the German manufacturing industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 442-451.
- Théophile AZOMAHOU & Phu NGUYEN VAN & Marcus WAGNER, 2001. "Determinants of Environmental and Economic Performance of Firms: An Empirical Analysis of the European Paper Industry," Working Papers of BETA 2001-22, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Clarkson, Peter M. & Li, Yue & Richardson, Gordon D. & Vasvari, Florin P., 2011. "Does it really pay to be green? Determinants and consequences of proactive environmental strategies," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 122-144, March.
- Darnall, Nicole & Henriques, Irene & Sadorsky, Perry, 2008. "Do environmental management systems improve business performance in an international setting?," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 364-376, December.
- Nagahata, Takashi & Sekine, Toshitaka, 2005. "Firm investment, monetary transmission and balance-sheet problems in Japan: an investigation using micro data," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 345-369, August.
- Al-Tuwaijri, Sulaiman A. & Christensen, Theodore E. & Hughes, K. II, 2004. "The relations among environmental disclosure, environmental performance, and economic performance: a simultaneous equations approach," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(5-6), pages 447-471.
- Halkos, George Emmanuel & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2007. "Productivity efficiency and firm size: An empirical analysis of foreign owned companies," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 713-731, December.
- Iwata, Hiroki & Okada, Keisuke, 2011. "How does environmental performance affect financial performance? Evidence from Japanese manufacturing firms," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(9), pages 1691-1700, July.
- Fujii, Hidemichi & Kaneko, Shinji & Managi, Shunsuke, 2010. "Changes in environmentally sensitive productivity and technological modernization in China's iron and steel industry in the 1990s," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(04), pages 485-504, August.
- Akira Hibiki & Shunsuke Managi, 2010. "Environmental Information Provision, Market Valuation, and Firm Incentives: An Empirical Study of the Japanese PRTR System," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(2), pages 382-393.
- Kazuo Ogawa, 2004. "Debt, R&D Investment and Technological Progress: A Panel Study of Japanese Manufacturing Firms in the 90s," ISER Discussion Paper 0607, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Noel Capon & John U. Farley & Scott Hoenig, 1990. "Determinants of Financial Performance: A Meta-Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(10), pages 1143-1159, October.
- Grolleau, Gilles & Mzoughi, Naoufel & Pekovic, Sanja, 2012. "Green not (only) for profit: An empirical examination of the effect of environmental-related standards on employees’ recruitment," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 74-92.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hidemichi Fujii & Shunsuke Managi, 2016.
"Trends in corporate environmental management studies and databases,"
Environmental Economics and Policy Studies,
Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 18(2), pages 265-272, April.
- Fujii, Hidemichi & Managi, Shunsuke, 2015. "Trends in corporate environmental management studies and databases," MPRA Paper 66531, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giulio Cainelli & Massimiliano Mazzanti & Roberto Zoboli, 2013. "Environmental performance, manufacturing sectors and firm growth: structural factors and dynamic relationships," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 15(4), pages 367-387, October.
- Shunsuke Managi & Zheng Zhang & Shinya Horie, 2016. "A real options approach to environmental R&D project evaluation," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 18(3), pages 359-394, July.
- Kyohei Matsushita & Kota Asano, 2014. "Reducing CO 2 emissions of Japanese thermal power companies: a directional output distance function approach," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 16(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Fujii, Hidemichi & Shirakawa, Seiji, 2015. "Decomposition analysis of green chemical technology inventions from 1971 to 2010 in Japan," MPRA Paper 62790, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:envpol:v:19:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10018-016-0168-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Kounetas, Kostas & Alexopoulos, Elias & Tzelepis, Dimitris, 2016. "Environmental and Financial Performance. Is there a win-win or a win-loss situation? Evidence from the Greek manufacturing," MPRA Paper 80906, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Jul 2017.
- Hidemichi Fujii & A. George Assaf & Shunsuke Managi & Roman Matousek, 2016.
"Did the financial crisis affect environmental efficiency? evidence from the Japanese manufacturing sector,"
Environmental Economics and Policy Studies,
Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 18(2), pages 159-168, April.
- Fujii, Hidemichi & Assaf, A. George & Managi, Shunsuke & Matousek, Roman, 2015. "Did the Financial Crisis Affect Environmental Efficiency? Evidence from the Japanese Manufacturing Sector," MPRA Paper 66363, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Misani, Nicola & Pogutz, Stefano, 2015.
"Unraveling the effects of environmental outcomes and processes on financial performance: A non-linear approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 150-160.
- Misani, Nicola & Pogutz, Stefano, 2014. "Unraveling the effects of environmental outcomes and processes on financial performance: A non-linear approach," MPRA Paper 60359, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- María del Mar Miras-Rodríguez & Amalia Carrasco-Gallego & Bernabé Escobar-Pérez, 2015. "Has the CSR engagement of electrical companies had an effect on their performance? A closer look at the environment," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(8), pages 819-835, December.
- repec:eco:journ2:2017-02-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:11:p:1957-:d:116623 is not listed on IDEAS
- Idoya Ferrero-Ferrero & María Ángeles Fernández-Izquierdo & María Jesús Muñoz-Torres, 2016. "The Effect of Environmental, Social and Governance Consistency on Economic Results," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(10), pages 1-16, October.
- Lee, Ki-Hoon & Min, Byung & Yook, Keun-Hyo, 2015. "The impacts of carbon (CO2) emissions and environmental research and development (R&D) investment on firm performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 1-11.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:7:p:1108-:d:102681 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:11:p:1758-:d:117204 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate environmental management; Environmental efficiency; CO2 emissions; Toxic chemical substances; Japanese manufacturing firm; Sustainable development;
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
- P28 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Natural Resources; Environment
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39564. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .