Charitable giving under inequality aversion and social capital
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Eiji Yamamura, 2012. "Charitable giving under inequality aversion and social capital," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(4), pages 3140-3147.
References listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S, 1974. "A Theory of Social Interactions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1063-1093, Nov.-Dec..
- Ernst Fehr & Klaus M. Schmidt, 1999.
"A Theory of Fairness, Competition, and Cooperation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(3), pages 817-868.
- Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., . "A theory of fairness, competition, and cooperation," Chapters in Economics, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Ernst Fehr & Klaus M. Schmidt, "undated". "A Theory of Fairness, Competition and Cooperation," IEW - Working Papers 004, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., 1999. "A theory of fairness, competition, and cooperation," Munich Reprints in Economics 20650, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., 1998. "A Theory of Fairness, Competition and Cooperation," CEPR Discussion Papers 1812, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paldam, Martin, 2000. " Social Capital: One or Many? Definition and Measurement," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(5), pages 629-653, December.
- Joel Sobel, 2002. "Can We Trust Social Capital?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(1), pages 139-154, March.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:26:y:2008:i:1:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edward L. Glaeser & David Laibson & Bruce Sacerdote, 2002.
"An Economic Approach to Social Capital,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 437-458, November.
- Edward L. Glaeser & David Laibson & Bruce Sacerdote, 2000. "The Economic Approach to Social Capital," NBER Working Papers 7728, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & David Laibson & Bruce Sacerdote, 2001. "The Economic Approach to Social Capital," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1916, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2011.
"Effect of social capital on income distribution preferences: comparison of neighborhood externality between high- and low-income households,"
32557, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2012. "Effect of social capital on income redistribution preferences: comparison of neighborhood externality between high- and low-income households," MPRA Paper 36181, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Derin-Güre, Pinar & Uler, Neslihan, 2010. "Charitable giving under inequality aversion," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 208-210, May.
- Steven N. Durlauf, 2002. "On the Empirics of Social Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 459-479, November.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2008. "Determinants of trust in a racially homogeneous society," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 26(1), pages 1-9.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2012. "Social capital, household income, and preferences for income redistribution," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 498-511.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tirivayi, J.N., 2014. "Giving in South Africa: Determining the influence of altruism, inequality aversion and social capital," MERIT Working Papers 064, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
More about this item
KeywordsInequality aversion; charitable contribution; trust; private provision of public goods;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EXP-2012-04-17 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2012-04-17 (Public Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2012-04-17 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:37975. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.