Charitable giving under inequality aversion and social capital
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Eiji Yamamura, 2012. "Charitable giving under inequality aversion and social capital," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(4), pages 3140-3147.
References listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S, 1974. "A Theory of Social Interactions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1063-1093, Nov.-Dec..
- Ernst Fehr & Klaus M. Schmidt, 1999.
"A Theory of Fairness, Competition, and Cooperation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(3), pages 817-868.
- Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., . "A theory of fairness, competition, and cooperation," Chapters in Economics, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Ernst Fehr & Klaus M. Schmidt, "undated". "A Theory of Fairness, Competition and Cooperation," IEW - Working Papers 004, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., 1999. "A theory of fairness, competition, and cooperation," Munich Reprints in Economics 20650, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Fehr, Ernst & Schmidt, Klaus M., 1998. "A Theory of Fairness, Competition and Cooperation," CEPR Discussion Papers 1812, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paldam, Martin, 2000. " Social Capital: One or Many? Definition and Measurement," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(5), pages 629-653, December.
- Joel Sobel, 2002. "Can We Trust Social Capital?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(1), pages 139-154, March.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:26:y:2008:i:1:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edward L. Glaeser & David Laibson & Bruce Sacerdote, 2002. "An Economic Approach to Social Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 437-458, November.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2011.
"Effect of social capital on income distribution preferences: comparison of neighborhood externality between high- and low-income households,"
32557, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2012. "Effect of social capital on income redistribution preferences: comparison of neighborhood externality between high- and low-income households," MPRA Paper 36181, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Derin-Güre, Pinar & Uler, Neslihan, 2010. "Charitable giving under inequality aversion," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 208-210, May.
- Steven N. Durlauf, 2002. "On the Empirics of Social Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 459-479, November.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2008. "Determinants of trust in a racially homogeneous society," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 26(1), pages 1-9.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2012. "Social capital, household income, and preferences for income redistribution," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 498-511.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tirivayi, J.N., 2014. "Giving in South Africa: Determining the influence of altruism, inequality aversion and social capital," MERIT Working Papers 064, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
More about this item
KeywordsInequality aversion; charitable contribution; trust; private provision of public goods;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2012-04-17 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2012-04-17 (Public Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2012-04-17 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:37975. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .