Estimates of the fiscal impact multiplier in reduced-form equations
An analysis of the multiplier for the US federal government's consumption expenditures is presented. A simple approach to identify the influence of the federal government's consumption expenditures on economic activity using reduced-form equations is clearly presented and examined using annual US data from 1929-2011. The conclusion from this analysis is that estimates from reduced-form equations can inform fiscal-policy decision making.
|Date of creation:||05 Mar 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Valerie A. Ramey, 2011.
"Identifying Government Spending Shocks: It's all in the Timing,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 126(1), pages 1-50.
- Valerie A. Ramey, 2009. "Identifying Government Spending Shocks: It's All in the Timing," NBER Working Papers 15464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 2010. "Monetizing the debt," Economic Synopses, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 1984. "Monetizing the debt," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Dec, pages 30-43.
- Günter Coenen & Christopher J. Erceg & Charles Freedman & Davide Furceri & Michael Kumhof & René Lalonde & Douglas Laxton & Jesper Lindé & Annabelle Mourougane & Dirk Muir & Susanna Mursula & Carlos d, 2012. "Effects of Fiscal Stimulus in Structural Models," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(1), pages 22-68, January.
- Michael Kumhof & Dirk V Muir & Carlos de Resende & Jan in ‘t Veld & René Lalonde & Davide Furceri & Annabelle Mourougane & John Roberts & Stephen Snudden & Mathias Trabandt & Günter Coenen & Susanna M, 2010. "Effects of Fiscal Stimulus in Structural Models," IMF Working Papers 10/73, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:37103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.