Monetizing the debt
A more interesting and economically relevant definition of "monetizing the debt" is based on the Fed's motivation rather than its actions.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): (1984)
Issue (Month): Dec ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 442, St. Louis, MO 63166|
Web page: http://www.stlouisfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: https://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/ Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Melvin, Michael, 1983. "The Vanishing Liquidity Effect of Money on Interest: Analysis and Implications for Policy," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(2), pages 188-202, April.
- Thomas J. Sargent & Neil Wallace, 1981. "Some unpleasant monetarist arithmetic," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall.
- Michael R. Darby, 1984.
"Some pleasant monetarist arithmetic,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr.
- Michael R. Darby, 1984. "Some Pleasant Monetarist Arithmetic," NBER Working Papers 1295, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barth, James & Sickles, Robin & Wiest, Philip, 1982. "Assessing the impact of varying economic conditions on federal reserve behavior," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 47-70.
- Zellner, Arnold, 1979. "Causality and econometrics," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 9-54, January.
- Jacobs, Rodney L & Leamer, Edward E & Ward, Michael P, 1979. "Difficulties with Testing for Causation," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(3), pages 401-413, July.
- Rodney L. Jacobs & Edward E. Leamer & Michael P. Ward, 1978. "Difficulties with Testing for Causation," UCLA Economics Working Papers 117, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Wu, De-Min, 1983. "Tests of Causality, Predeterminedness and Exogeneity," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(3), pages 547-558, October.
- Allen, Stuart D. & Smith, Michael D., 1983. "Government borrowing and monetary accommodation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 605-616, November.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1982. "On the Monetization of Deficits," NBER Working Papers 1052, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dallas S. Batten & Daniel L. Thornton, 1984. "How robust are the policy conclusions of the St. Louis equation?: some further evidence," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jun.
- Guilkey, David K & Salemi, Michael K, 1982. "Small Sample Properties of Three Tests for Granger-Causal Ordering in a Bivariate Stochastic System," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(4), pages 668-680, November.
- Thornton, Daniel L., 1984. "The government budget constraint with endogenous money," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 57-67.
- Daniel L. Thornton & Dallas S. Batten, 1984. "Lag length selection and Granger causality," Working Papers 1984-001, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Geweke, John & Meese, Richard & Dent, Warren, 1983. "Comparing alternative tests of causality in temporal systems : Analytic results and experimental evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 161-194, February.
- Thomas M. Supel & Richard M. Todd, 1984. "Should currency be priced like cars?," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr.
- Froyen, Richard T., 1974. "A test of the endogeneity of monetary policy," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 175-188, July.
- Brian R. Horrigan & Aris Protopapadakis, 1982. "Federal deficits: a faulty gauge of government's impact on financial markets," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Mar/Apr, pages 3-16.
- John A. Tatom, 1984. "A perspective on the federal deficit problem," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jun, pages 5-17.
- Keith M. Carlson, 1984. "Money growth and the size of the federal debt," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 5-16. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:1984:i:dec:p:30-43:n:v.66no.10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Xiao)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.