What determines return risks for bank equities in Turkey?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Emre Ozsoz & Erick W. Rengifo & Mustapha A. Akinkunmi, 2014. "What determines return risks for bank equities in Turkey?," Borsa Istanbul Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 14(1), pages 23-31, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Ihsan Isik & M. Kabir Hassan, 2003. "Efficiency, Ownership and Market Structure, Corporate Control and Governance in the Turkish Banking Industry," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(9-10), pages 1363-1421.
- Saunders, Anthony & Walter, Ingo, 1994. "Universal Banking in the United States: What Could We Gain? What Could We Lose?," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195080698.
- Rogers, Kevin, 1994. "Universal banking in the United States: What could we gain? What could we lose? : Saunders, Anthony and Ingo Walter. New York: Oxford University Press, 1994. Pp 276. $39.95," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 1217-1219, December.
- Demsetz, Rebecca S & Strahan, Philip E, 1997. "Diversification, Size, and Risk at Bank Holding Companies," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 300-313, August.
- Rousseau, Peter L & Wachtel, Paul, 1998. "Financial Intermediation and Economic Performance: Historical Evidence from Five Industrialized Countries," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(4), pages 657-678, November.
- Lensink, Robert & Meesters, Aljar & Naaborg, Ilko, 2008.
"Bank efficiency and foreign ownership: Do good institutions matter?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 834-844, May.
- Robert Lensink & Aljar Meesters & Ilko Naaborg, 2008. "Bank efficiency and foreign ownership: do good institutions matter?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14283, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Başak Tanyeri, 2010. "Financial Transparency and Sources of Hidden Capital in Turkish Banks," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 37(1), pages 25-43, February.
- Cem Payaslioglu, 2009. "Common features and stylized facts in Turkish macroeconomy," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 43(1), pages 155-176, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elif Ozturk Kilic & Goksel Acar & Ali Coskun, 2014. "Detecting Earnings Management Practices in Banks: Evidence from Turkey," European Journal of Economic and Political Studies, Fatih University, vol. 7(2), pages 21-36.
More about this item
KeywordsCommercial banks; risk; Turkish Banks;
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-12-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2011-12-19 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-BAN-2011-12-19 (Banking)
- NEP-CWA-2011-12-19 (Central & Western Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:35291. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .