What determines return risks for bank equities in Turkey?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ozsoz, Emre, 2011. "What determines return risks for bank equities in Turkey?," MPRA Paper 35291, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- Ihsan Isik & M. Kabir Hassan, 2003. "Efficiency, Ownership and Market Structure, Corporate Control and Governance in the Turkish Banking Industry," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(9-10), pages 1363-1421.
- Lensink, Robert & Meesters, Aljar & Naaborg, Ilko, 2008.
"Bank efficiency and foreign ownership: Do good institutions matter?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 834-844, May.
- Robert Lensink & Aljar Meesters & Ilko Naaborg, 2008. "Bank efficiency and foreign ownership: do good institutions matter?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14283, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Saunders, Anthony & Walter, Ingo, 1994. "Universal Banking in the United States: What Could We Gain? What Could We Lose?," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195080698.
- Başak Tanyeri, 2010. "Financial Transparency and Sources of Hidden Capital in Turkish Banks," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 37(1), pages 25-43, February.
- Rogers, Kevin, 1994. "Universal banking in the United States: What could we gain? What could we lose? : Saunders, Anthony and Ingo Walter. New York: Oxford University Press, 1994. Pp 276. $39.95," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 1217-1219, December.
- Cem Payaslioglu, 2009. "Common features and stylized facts in Turkish macroeconomy," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 43(1), pages 155-176, September.
- Demsetz, Rebecca S & Strahan, Philip E, 1997. "Diversification, Size, and Risk at Bank Holding Companies," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 300-313, August.
- Rousseau, Peter L & Wachtel, Paul, 1998. "Financial Intermediation and Economic Performance: Historical Evidence from Five Industrialized Countries," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(4), pages 657-678, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elif Ozturk Kilic & Goksel Acar & Ali Coskun, 2014. "Detecting Earnings Management Practices in Banks: Evidence from Turkey," European Journal of Economic and Political Studies, Fatih University, vol. 7(2), pages 21-36.
More about this item
KeywordsCommercial banks; Turkish banks; Equity risk;
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bor:bistre:v:14:y:2014:i:1:p:23-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ahmet Palu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rdisetr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.