A critical perspective on heterodox production modeling
Production and distribution needs a proper place in heterodox economics. It has recently been suggested that the construction of production models needs to be empirically grounded. Also it has been stated that empirically grounded production models must be circular production models. This argument then marginalizes the contributions of important economists in heterodox thought. The paper will argue that heterodox production models need not be perfectly circular to make important contributions for heterodox production theory. Furthermore, it will be argued that models which consist of elements of hierarchial structures of production put emphasis on out of equilibrium traverse processes and historical time.
|Date of creation:||21 Oct 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. A. Kregel, 1980. "Markets and Institutions as Features of a Capitalistic Production System," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 3(1), pages 32-48, October.
- Lowe, A., 1997. "How is business cycle theory possible at all?," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 245-270, June.
- Hamouda, Omar F & Harcourt, G C, 1988. "Post Keynesianism: From Criticism to Coherence?," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 1-33, January.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521739023 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521432825 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521588676 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521443258 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tony Lawson, 1994. "The Nature of Post Keynesianism and Its Links to Other Traditions: A Realist Perspective," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 16(4), pages 503-538, July.
- Jorgenson, Dale W., 1960. "Growth and Fluctuations: A Causal Interpretation," Scholarly Articles 3403056, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521517133 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arestis, Philip, 1996. "Post-Keynesian Economics: Towards Coherence," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(1), pages 111-35, January.
- Andrew Trigg & Frederic Lee, 2005. "Pasinetti, Keynes and the multiplier," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 29-43.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521872270 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34255. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.