Kritisk realisme og post keynesianisme
In the history of economic thought Post Keynesianism offers a different inter-pretation of John Maynard Keynes’s General Theory than what is known as mainstream Keynesianism. One of the fundamentals of Post Keynesianism in this regard is the statement that the economic universe of Keynes can not be understood correctly if one does not take the methodology of Keynes into ac-count. According to at least some of the Post Keynesians we ought to let our methodology to be inspired by what is called critical realism. This paper tries to give a discussion of this kind of methodology and of its possible connection to the writings of Keynes. And finally, has Post Keynesianism reached a kind of coherence that makes it reasonable to characterise this group of economists as a theoretical research programme in the Lakatosian sense of the term?
|Date of creation:||Jan 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Niels Bohrs Vej 9, 6700 Esbjerg|
Phone: (+45) 6550 1000
Fax: (+45) 6550 1091
Web page: http://www.sam.sdu.dk/ime
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tony Lawson, 1994. "The Nature of Post Keynesianism and Its Links to Other Traditions: A Realist Perspective," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 16(4), pages 503-538, July.
- Edward J. McKenna & Diane C. Zannoni, 1999. "Post Keynesian Economics and Critical Realism: A Reply to Parsons," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 22(1), pages 57-70, October.
- Roy J. Rotheim, 1999. "Post Keynesian Economics and Realist Philosophy," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 22(1), pages 71-103, October.
- Tony Lawson, 1999. "Connections and Distinctions: Post Keynesianism and Critical Realism," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 22(1), pages 3-14, October.
- Bernard Walters & David Young, 1999. "Is Critical Realism the Appropriate Basis for Post Keynesianism?," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 22(1), pages 105-123, October.
- Hamouda, Omar F & Harcourt, G C, 1988. "Post Keynesianism: From Criticism to Coherence?," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 1-33, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sdk:wpaper:75. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ulla H. Oehlenschläger)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.