Heterodox economics, social ontology, and the use of mathematics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lawson, Tony, 1995. "The 'Lucas Critique': A Generalisation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(2), pages 257-276, April.
- Tony Lawson, 2013. "What is this 'school' called neoclassical economics?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(5), pages 947-983.
- Kregel, J A, 1976. "Economic Methodology in the Face of Uncertainty: The Modelling Methods of Keynes and the Post-Keynesians," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(342), pages 209-225, June.
- Mark Setterfield, 2007. "Are Functional Relations Always the Alter Ego of Humean Laws?," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 203-217.
- Marc Lavoie, 2007. "Endogenous Money: Accommodationist," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Alternative Monetary Economics, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Chick, Victoria, 1998. "On Knowing One's Place: The Role of Formalism in Economics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(451), pages 1859-1869, November.
- Tony Lawson, 1994. "The Nature of Post Keynesianism and Its Links to Other Traditions: A Realist Perspective," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 503-538, July.
- Mark Setterfield, 2014. "An essay on horizontalism, structuralism and historical time," Working Papers 1402, Trinity College, Department of Economics.
- Mark Setterfield, 1997. "Should Economists Dispense with the Notion of Equilibrium?," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 47-76, September.
- Veblen, Thorstein, 1900. "The Preconceptions of Economic Science III," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 14.
- Mark Setterfield, 2000. "Expectations, Endogenous Money, and the Business Cycle: An Exercise in Open Systems Modeling," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 77-105, September.
- Tony Lawson, 2006. "The nature of heterodox economics," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(4), pages 483-505, July.
- Sheila C. Dow, 2007. "Endogenous Money: Structuralist," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Alternative Monetary Economics, chapter 3 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dany Lang & Mark Setterfield, 2007.
"History versus equilibrium? on the possibility and realist basis of a general critique of traditional equilibrium analysis,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 29(2), pages 191-209, January.
- Dany Lang & Setterfield Mark, 2008. "History versus equilibrium? on the possibility and realist basis of a general critique of traditional equilibrium analysis," Post-Print hal-01366019, HAL.
- Setterfield, Mark, 1998. "Adjustment Asymmetries and Hysteresis in Simple Dynamic Models," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 66(3), pages 283-301, June.
- Chick, Victoria & Dow, Sheila C, 2001. "Formalism, Logic and Reality: A Keynesian Analysis," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(6), pages 705-721, November.
More about this item
KeywordsMathematical modeling; social ontology; open systems; critical realism; heterodox economics;
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- B50 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - General
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HME-2015-03-22 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-HPE-2015-03-22 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2015-03-22 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:new:wpaper:1503. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Setterfield). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/denewus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.