Betydningen af Keynes’ metodologi for aktuel makroøkonomisk forskning - en Ph.D. forelæsning
In the history of economic thought many Post Keynesian scholars of-fer a distinct interpretation of John Maynard Keynes’s General Theory. One of the fundamentals of Post Keynesianism in this regard is the statement that the way Keynes understood economics can not be understood correctly if one does not take the methodology of Keynes into account. And Keynes could rightfully be said to have started a methodological as well as a theoretical revolution in economics. In the present paper the content of the methodology of Keynes is highlighted followed by a discussion to what extent this methodology could be said to have influenced modern macroeconomics. Most weight in this respect is given to a presentation of some core elements of the Keynes-like tradition of Post Keynesianism. Jeg skal takke Jesper Jespersen for værdifulde kommentarer til den oprindelige version af dette papir. En tidligere version af nærværende artikel dannede baggrund for min Ph.D. fo-relæsning, der fandt sted den 8. marts 2007 på Roskilde Universitetscenter.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (+45) 6550 1000
Fax: (+45) 6550 1091
Web page: http://www.sam.sdu.dk/ime
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kregel, J A, 1977. "On the Existence of Expectations in English Neoclassical Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 495-500, June.
- Roy J. Rotheim, 1999. "Post Keynesian Economics and Realist Philosophy," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 22(1), pages 71-103, October.
- Edward J. McKenna & Diane C. Zannoni, 1999. "Post Keynesian Economics and Critical Realism: A Reply to Parsons," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 22(1), pages 57-70, October.
- Muellbauer, John & Portes, Richard, 1978. "Macroeconomic Models with Quantity Rationing," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(352), pages 788-821, December.
- David Romer, 1993. "The New Keynesian Synthesis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(1), pages 5-22, Winter.
- Tony Lawson, 1999. "Connections and Distinctions: Post Keynesianism and Critical Realism," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 22(1), pages 3-14, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sdk:wpaper:77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ulla H. Oehlenschläger)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.