Empirical testing of Balassa-Samuelson hypothesis with German and UK data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bob Beachill & Geoff Pugh, 1998. "Monetary Cooperation in Europe and the Problem of Differential Productivity Growth: an argument for a 'two-speed' Europe," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 445-457.
- Ronald MacDonald & Luca Ricci, 2001.
"PPP and the Balassa Samuelson Effect: the Role of the Distribution Sector,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
442, CESifo Group Munich.
- R. Macdonald & L. Ricci, 2003. "PPP and the Balassa Samuelson Effect: The Role of the DistributionSector," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 81, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Ronald MacDonald & Luca A Ricci, 2001. "PPP and the Balassa Samuelson Effect; The Role of the Distribution Sector," IMF Working Papers 01/38, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsPurchasing power parity; Exchange rate; co integration; error correction model; productivity; Consumer Price Index; Retail Price Index;
- B23 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Econometrics; Quantitative and Mathematical Studies
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33803. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .