Asymmetric generalized impulse responses and variance decompositions with an application
This paper introduces asymmetric impulse response functions and asymmetric variance decompositions. It is shown how the underlying variables can be transformed into cumulative positive and negative changes in order to estimate the impulses to an asymmetric innovation. An application is provided to demonstrate how the propagation mechanism of these asymmetric impulses and responses operates.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pesaran, H. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 1998.
"Generalized impulse response analysis in linear multivariate models,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y., 1997. "Generalised Impulse Response Analysis in Linear Multivariate Models," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9710, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- repec:oup:qjecon:v:84:y:1970:i:3:p:488-500 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:oup:restud:v:41:y:1974:i:2:p:219-55 is not listed on IDEAS
- Granger, Clive W.J. & YOON, GAWON, 2002.
University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series
qt9qn5f61j, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Koop, Gary & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Potter, Simon M., 1996. "Impulse response analysis in nonlinear multivariate models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 119-147, September.
- Abdulnasser, Hatemi-J, 2011. "Hidden panel cointegration," MPRA Paper 31604, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Abdulnasser Hatemi-J, 2012. "Asymmetric causality tests with an application," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 447-456, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31700. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.