Succession scenarios in Polish family firms. Empirical Study (Chapter 8)
The paper elaborates on succession planning among Polish family businesses. Research survey was conducted on a random sample of 496 family enterprises in first quarter of 2009 (first phase, survey) and 61 family enterprises in third quarter of 2009 (second phase, in-depth-interview). The main aim of the paper is to identify the succession strategies (especially the ways in which they attempt to balance the strive to maintain family’s control over the company with the goal of firm’s growth) of the first generation of Polish entrepreneurs.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Publication status:||Published in Managing Ownership and Succession in Family Firms, eds. A. Surdej, K. Wach, Scholar, Warszawa 2010 (2010): pp. 121-134|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Surdej, Aleksander & Wach, Krzysztof, 2010. "Succession planning in Polish family business. An exploratory investigation (chapter 4)," MPRA Paper 31609, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1991. "Multitask Principal-Agent Analyses: Incentive Contracts, Asset Ownership, and Job Design," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(0), pages 24-52, Special I.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-De-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1999.
"Corporate Ownership Around the World,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 471-517, 04.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Corporate Ownership Around the World," NBER Working Papers 6625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Corporate Ownership Around the World," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1840, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747162 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ali, Ashiq & Chen, Tai-Yuan & Radhakrishnan, Suresh, 2007. "Corporate disclosures by family firms," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 238-286, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31605. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.