Succession planning in Polish family business. An exploratory investigation (chapter 4)
The main aim of the paper is to identify the succession strategies (especially the ways in which they attempt to balance the strive to maintain family’s control over the company with the goal of firm’s growth) of the first generation of Polish entrepreneurs. Research survey was conducted on a random sample of 496 family enterprises in first quarter of 2009 (first phase, survey) and 61 family enterprises in third quarter of 2009 (second phase, in-depth-interview). Research project “Succession Scenarios in First Generation of Polish Entrepreneurs” was conducted in the years 2008-2010 by Aleksander Surdej and Krzysztof Wach was financed by Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education (Project no. 1326/B/H03/2008/34).
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2005.
"The Law and Economics of Self-Dealing,"
NBER Working Papers
11883, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ali, Ashiq & Chen, Tai-Yuan & Radhakrishnan, Suresh, 2007. "Corporate disclosures by family firms," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 238-286, September.
- Florence Eid, 2006. "Private Equity Finance as a Growth Engine: What It Means for Emerging Markets," Business Economics, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 41(3), pages 7-22, July.
- Marcel Fafchamps, 2004. "Market Institutions in Sub-Saharan Africa: Theory and Evidence," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262062364, June.
- Surdej, Aleksander & Wach, Krzysztof, 2010. "Succession scenarios in Polish family firms. Empirical Study (Chapter 8)," MPRA Paper 31605, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guido Tabellini, 2008. "Presidential Address Institutions and Culture," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 6(2-3), pages 255-294, 04-05.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1991. "Multitask Principal-Agent Analyses: Incentive Contracts, Asset Ownership, and Job Design," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(0), pages 24-52, Special I.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31609. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.