Effectiveness of HRD for developing SMEs in South Asia
Today South Asia is host to a large youth bulge which is entering the labor market every year posing challenging questions for the national governments in the context of employable skills, space for entrepreneurship, innovation and economic freedom. SME sector provides an opportunity for the young to exercise their ideas and ideals. However a prerequisite for the young to be innovate is the how countries produce and retain a high end human capital. This study provides a review of national socio-economic policies in South Asian region - which answer such challenges.
|Date of creation:||01 Mar 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- C. Bhattacharya & Daniel Korschun & Sankar Sen, 2009. "Strengthening Stakeholder–Company Relationships Through Mutually Beneficial Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 85(2), pages 257-272, April.
- Sandra King-Kauanui & Su Dang Ngoc & Catherine Ashley-Cotleur, 2006. "Impact Of Human Resource Management: Sme Performance In Vietnam," Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship (JDE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 11(01), pages 79-95.
- Christian Rogerson, 2000. "Successful SMEs in South Africa: The case of clothing producers in the Witwatersrand," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(5), pages 687-716.
- Mathur, Somesh Kumar, 2007. "Indian IT industry: a performance analysis and a model for possible adoption," MPRA Paper 2368, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aldaba, Rafaelita M., 2008.
"SMEs in the Philippine Manufacturing Industry and Globalization: Meeting the Development Challenges,"
DP 2008-15, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Rafaelita M. Aldaba, 2008. "SMEs in the Philippine Manufacturing Industry and Globalization : Meeting the Development Challenges," Development Economics Working Papers 21955, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Tung, Rosalie L. & Aycan, Zeynep, 2008. "Key success factors and indigenous management practices in SMEs in emerging economies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 381-384, October.
- Ferligoj, Anuska & Prasnikar, Janez & Jordan, Vesna, 1997. "Competitive Advantage and Human Resource Management in SMEs in a Transitional Economy," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 9(6), pages 503-514, December.
- Isabelle Huault & V. Perret & S. Charreire-Petit, 2007. "Management," Post-Print halshs-00337676, HAL. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:30780. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.