Sit down at the ball game: how trade barriers make the world less food secure
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rutten, Martine & Shutes, Lindsay & Meijerink, Gerdien, 2013. "Sit down at the ball game: How trade barriers make the world less food secure," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 1-10.
- Rutten, Martine & Meijerink, Gerdien W. & Chant, Lindsay, 2011. "Sit down at the ballgame: How trade barriers make the world less food secure," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114653, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
References listed on IDEAS
- Keeney, Roman & Thomas Hertel, 2005. "GTAP-AGR : A Framework for Assessing the Implications of Multilateral Changes in Agricultural Policies," GTAP Technical Papers 1869, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Will Martin & Kym Anderson, 2012.
"Export Restrictions and Price Insulation During Commodity Price Booms,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(2), pages 422-427.
- Anderson, Kym & Martin, Will, 2011. "Export Restrictions and Price Insulation During Commodity Price Booms," CEPR Discussion Papers 8494, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Martin, Will & Anderson, Kym, 2011. "Export restrictions and price insulation during commodity price booms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5645, The World Bank.
- Abbott, Philip C. & Hurt, Christopher & Tyner, Wallace E., 2008. "What's Driving Food Prices?," Issue Reports 37951, Farm Foundation.
- Minot, Nicholas, 2010. "Staple food prices in Tanzania," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 58555, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Bouet, Antoine & Laborde Debucquet, David, 2010. "Economics of export taxation in a context of food crisis," IFPRI discussion papers 994, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pyakuryal, Bishwambher & Roy, Devesh & Thapa, Y.B., 2010. "Trade liberalization and food security in Nepal," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 20-31, February.
- Jeonghoi Kim, 2010. "Recent Trends in Export Restrictions," OECD Trade Policy Papers 101, OECD Publishing.
- Tanaka, Tetsuji & Hosoe, Nobuhiro, 2011. "Does agricultural trade liberalization increase risks of supply-side uncertainty?: Effects of productivity shocks and export restrictions on welfare and food supply in Japan," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 368-377, June.
- Piesse, Jenifer & Thirtle, Colin, 2009. "Three bubbles and a panic: An explanatory review of recent food commodity price events," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 119-129, April.
- Hertel, Thomas W. & Preckel, Paul V. & Reimer, Jeffrey J., 2001. "Trade Policy, Food Price Variability, And The Vulnerability Of Low-Income Households," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20692, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Headey, Derek D., 2010. "Rethinking the global food crisis," IFPRI discussion papers 958, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hannah Pieters & Andrea Guariso & Anneleen Vandeplas, 2013. "Conceptual framework for the analysis of the determinants of food and nutrition security," FOODSECURE Working papers 13, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Magrini, Emiliano & Montalbano, Pierluigi & Nenci, Silvia & Salvatici, Luca, 2014.
"Agricultural trade distortions during recent international price spikes: what implications for food security?,"
2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia
182726, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Emiliano Magrini & Pierluigi Montalbano & Silvia Nenci & Luca Salvatici, 2014. "Agricultural Trade Policies and Food Security: Is there a Causal Relationship?," Working Papers 9/14, Sapienza University of Rome, DISS.
- Emiliano Magrini & Silvia Nenci & Pierluigi Montalbano & Luca Salvatici, 2015. "Agricultural (Dis)Incentives and Food Security: is there a link?," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0200, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Emiliano Magrini & Pierluigi Montalbano & Silvia Nenci & Luca Salvatici, 2014. "Agricultural Trade Policies and Food Security: Is there a Causal Relationship?," FOODSECURE Working papers 25, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Magrini, Emiliano & Montalbano, Pierluigi & Nenci, Silvia & Salvatici, Luca, 2014. "Agricultural Trade Policy Distortions and Food Security: Is there a Causal Relationship?," 2014 Third Congress, June 25-27, 2014, Alghero, Italy 173091, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Hosoe, Nobuhiro, 2016.
"The double dividend of agricultural trade liberalization: Consistency between national food security and gains from trade,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 27-36.
- Nobuhiro Hosoe, 2013. "The Double Dividend of Agricultural Trade Liberalization: Consistency between National Food Security and Gains from Trade," GRIPS Discussion Papers 13-02, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Elleby, Christian, 2014.
"Poverty and Price Transmission,"
2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia
182722, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Christian Elleby, 2014. "Poverty and Price Transmission," IFRO Working Paper 2015/01, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Elleby, Christian, 2015. "Poverty and Price Transmission," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211621, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rutten, Martine & van Dijk, Michiel & van Rooij, Wilbert & Hilderink, Henk, 2014. "Land Use Dynamics, Climate Change, and Food Security in Vietnam: A Global-to-local Modeling Approach," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 29-46.
- Tiziano Distefano & Francesco Laio & Luca Ridolfi & Stefano Schiavo, 2017. "Shock transmission in the International Food Trade Network. A Data-driven Analysis," SEEDS Working Papers 0617, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Sep 2017.
- de Gorter, Harry & Drabik, Dusan, 2015. "Developing Countries' Policy Responses to Food Price Boom and Biofuel Policies," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211564, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Boulanger, Pierre & Kavallari, Aikaterini & M'barek, Robert & Rau, Marie Luise & Rutten, Martine, 2015. "Options to improve food security in North Africa: CGE modelling of deeper trade and investment integration with the European Union," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211366, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Djuric, Ivan & Götz, Linde, 2016. "Export restrictions – Do consumers really benefit? The wheat-to-bread supply chain in Serbia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 112-123.
- Alexandros Sarris, 2014. "Trade, food and welfare," Chapters,in: Handbook on Food, chapter 13, pages 325-352 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lindsay Shutes & Marijke Kuiper, 2015. "Expanding the household coverage of global simulation models: an application to Ghana," FOODSECURE Technical papers 3, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Sartori, Martina & Schiavo, Stefano, 2015. "Connected we stand: A network perspective on trade and global food security," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 114-127.
- Fander Falconí & Juan Cadillo Benalcazar & Freddy Llive Cóndor & Jesus Ramos-Martin & Belén Liger, 2015. "Pérdida de autosuficiencia alimentaria y posibilidades de complementariedad agrícola en los países de UNASUR," Documentos de Trabajo CEPROEC 2015_06, Instituto de Altos Estudios Nacionales, Centro de Prospectiva Estratégica.
- Thennakoon, Jayanthi & Anderson, Kym, 2015.
"Could the proposed WTO Special Safeguard Mechanism protect farmers from low international prices?,"
Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 106-113.
- Jayanthi Thennakoon & Kym Anderson, 2014. "Could the proposed WTO Special Safeguard Mechanism protect farmers from low international prices?," Departmental Working Papers 2014-23, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsfood security; world food crisis; international grain trade; trade measures; trade liberalisation; CGE modelling;
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-04-30 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2011-04-30 (Computational Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:30354. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .