De baten van een gemeenschappelijke Europese munt
[The benefits of a common European currency]
Although Europe is about to introduce a commom monetary policy with one common European currency, the euro, estimating the expected costs and income is not an easy task. This paper analyzes in-depth the benefits of the euro. The prospects are positive.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Publication status:||Published in Tijdschrift voor Politieke Economie (Journal of Political Economy) 21.2(1999): pp. 48-65|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Decressin, Jörg & Fatás, Antonio, 1994.
"Regional Labour Market Dynamics in Europe,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1085, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philippe Bacchetta & Eric van Wincoop, 1998.
"Does Exchange Rate Stability Increase Trade and Capital Flows?,"
98.04, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Philippe Bacchetta & Eric Van Wincoop, 1998. "Does Exchange Rate Stability Increase Trade and Capital Flows?," NBER Working Papers 6704, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Bacchetta & Eric van Wincoop, 1998. "Does exchange rate stability increase trade and capital flows?," Research Paper 9818, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Bacchetta, Philippe & van Wincoop, Eric, 1998. "Does Exchange Rate Stability Increase Trade and Capital Flows?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1962, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Sarel, 1996. "Nonlinear Effects of Inflation on Economic Growth," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(1), pages 199-215, March.
- Martin S. Feldstein, 1997.
"The Costs and Benefits of Going from Low Inflation to Price Stability,"
in: Reducing Inflation: Motivation and Strategy, pages 123-166
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Feldstein, 1996. "The Costs and Benefits of Going from Low Inflation to Price Stability," NBER Working Papers 5469, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cooley, T.F. & Hansen, G.D., 1988.
"The Inflation Tax In A Real Business Cycle Model,"
RCER Working Papers
155, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- John V. Leahy & Toni M. Whited, 1995.
"The Effect of Uncertainty on Investment: Some Stylized Facts,"
NBER Working Papers
4986, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leahy, John V & Whited, Toni M, 1996. "The Effect of Uncertainty on Investment: Some Stylized Facts," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(1), pages 64-83, February.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Eswar Prasad, 1997.
"Currency Unions, Economic Fluctuations, and Adjustment: Some New Empirical Evidence,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 44(1), pages 36-58, March.
- Eswar S Prasad & Tamim Bayoumi, 1996. "Currency Unions, Economic Fluctuations, and Adjustment; Some New Empirical Evidence," IMF Working Papers 96/81, .
- Erkel-Rousse, Hélène & Melitz, Jacques, 1995. "New Empirical Evidence on the Costs of European Monetary Union," CEPR Discussion Papers 1169, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- G.E. Hebbink, 1997. "Generational accounting with feedback effects on productivity growth: an application to the public sector of the Netherlands," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 506, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Paul R Masson & Bart Turtelboom, 1997. "Characteristics of the Euro, the Demand for Reserves, and Policy Coordination Under EMU," IMF Working Papers 97/58, .
- Marga PEETERS, 2001.
"Does Demand and Price Uncertainty affect Belgian and Spanish Corporate Investment?,"
Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain)
2001031, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Peeters, Marga, 1997. "Does demand and price uncertainty affect Belgian and Spanish corporate investment?," MPRA Paper 23604, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 1996. "The costs and benefits of price stability: an assessment of Howitt's rule," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 23-38.
- Funke, Michael, 1997. "The Nature of Shocks in Europe and in Germany," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 64(255), pages 461-469, August.
- Ferderer, J Peter, 1993. "The Impact of Uncertainty on Aggregate Investment Spending: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(1), pages 30-48, February.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Lawrence F. Katz, 1992. "Regional Evolutions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 23(1), pages 1-76.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28714. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.