Currency Unions, Economic Fluctuations, and Adjustment: Some New Empirical Evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Eswar S Prasad & Tamim Bayoumi, 1996. "Currency Unions, Economic Fluctuations, and Adjustment; Some New Empirical Evidence," IMF Working Papers 1996/081, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marelli, Enrico, 1999. "Convergence and asymmetries in the employment dynamics of the European regions," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa120, European Regional Science Association.
- Oscar Bajo-Rubio & Carmen Díaz-Roldán, 2007. "Vulnerability to Shocks in EMU: 1991–2004 (in English)," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 57(5-6), pages 225-234, August.
- Clark, Todd E. & van Wincoop, Eric, 2001. "Borders and business cycles," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 59-85, October.
- J.M.C. Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2010.
"Currency Unions in Prospect and Retrospect,"
Annual Review of Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 51-74, September.
- J. M. C. Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2010. "Currency Unions in Prospect and Retrospect," CEP Discussion Papers dp0986, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Santos Silva, J.M.C & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2010. "Currency Unions in Prospect and Retrospect," CEPR Discussion Papers 7824, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Silva, J.M.C. Santos & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2010. "Currency unions in prospect and retrospect," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28738, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kenen, Peter B., 2000.
"Currency areas, policy domains, and the institutionalization of fixed exchange rates,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
20170, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Peter B. Kenen, 2000. "Currency Areas, Policy Domains, and the Institutionalization of Fixed Exchange Rates," CEP Discussion Papers dp0467, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Robin L. Lumsdaine & Eswar S. Prasad, 2003.
"Identifying the Common Component of International Economic Fluctuations: A New Approach,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(484), pages 101-127, January.
- Robin L. Lumsdaine & Eswar S Prasad, 1999. "Identifying the Common Component in International Economic Fluctuations; A New Approach," IMF Working Papers 99/154, International Monetary Fund.
- Lumsdaine, Robin L. & Prasad, Eswar, 2002. "Identifying the Common Component of International Economic Fluctuations: A New Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 487, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Carlino, Gerald A. & DeFina, Robert H. & Sill, Keith, 2001.
"Sectoral Shocks and Metropolitan Employment Growth,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 396-417, November.
- Gerald A. Carlino & Robert H. DeFina & Keith Sill, 2000. "Sectoral shocks and metropolitan employment growth," Working Papers 00-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 2000.
- Aksoy, Yunus & De Grauwe, Paul & Dewachter, Hans, 2002. "Do asymmetries matter for European monetary policy?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 443-469, March.
- Ramos, Raul & Clar, Miquel & Surinach, Jordi, 2003. "National versus sectoral shocks: new evidence for the manufacturing sector in European countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 241-245, February.
- Grace H.Y. Lee, 2009. "Aggregate Shocks Decomposition For Eight East Asian Countries," Monash Economics Working Papers 17-09, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Salvador Barrios & Marius Br¸lhart & Robert J.R. Elliott & Marianne Sensier, 2003.
"A Tale of Two Cycles: Co-Fluctuations Between UK Regions and the Euro Zone,"
University of Manchester, vol. 71(3), pages 265-292, June.
- S Barrios & M Brülhart & R Elliott & M Sensier, 2001. "A Tale of Two Cycles: Co-fluctuations Between UK Regions and the Euro Zone," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0101, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- S Barrios & M Brülhart & R J R Elliott & M Sensier, 2002. "A Tale of Two Cycles: Co-fluctuations Between UK Regions and the Euro Zone," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 03, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Salvador BARROS & Marius BRÜLHART & Robert J.R. ELLIOTT & Marianne SENSIER, 2001. "A Tale of Two Cycles: Co-Fluctuations Between UK Regions and the Euro Zone," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'économie 01.10, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, Département d’économie.
- Marc-Alexandre Sénégas, 2010.
"La théorie des zones monétaires optimales au regard de l'euro : Quels enseignements après dix années d'union économique et monétaire en Europe ?,"
Revue d'économie politique,
Dalloz, vol. 120(2), pages 379-419.
- Marc-Alexandre Sénégas, 2010. "La théorie des zones monétaires optimales au regard de l'euro : quels enseignements après dix années d'union économique et monétaires en Europe ?," Post-Print hal-00646305, HAL.
- Afonso, António & Furceri, Davide, 2008. "EMU enlargement, stabilization costs and insurance mechanisms," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 169-187, March.
- Pedro, Gomis-Porqueras & Cathy, Zhang, 2018. "Optimal Monetary and Fiscal Policy with Migration in a Currency Union," MPRA Paper 83754, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- António Afonso & Davide Furceri, 2007.
"Business Cycle Synchronization and Insurance Mechanisms in the EU,"
Working Papers Department of Economics
2007/26, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Afonso, António & Furceri, Davide, 2007. "Business cycle synchronization and insurance mechanisms in the EU," Working Paper Series 844, European Central Bank.
- Marco Leonardi, 1997. "Regional Adjustment to Employment Shocks: Italy 1960-1994," Working Papers 16, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Sep 1998.
- Gerardo Licandro, 2000. "Is Mercosur an Optimal Currency Area? A shock correlation perspective," Documentos de trabajo 2000004, Banco Central del Uruguay.
- Raul Ramos & Miquel Clar & Jordi Suri?ach, 1998.
"Specialization in Europe and asymmetric shocks: Potential risks of EMU,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa98p86, European Regional Science Association.
- Raul Ramos Lobo & Miguel Juan Clar Lopez & Jordi Surinach Caralt, 1999. "Spacialisation in Europe and asymmetric shocks: potential risks of EMU," Working Papers in Economics 50, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Robin L. Lumsdaine & Eswar S. Prasad, 1997. "Identifying the Common Component in International Economic Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 5984, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gerald A. Carlino, 2003. "A confluence of events? explaining fluctuations in local employment," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Q1, pages 6-12.
- Carmen Díaz-Roldán & Oscar Bajo-Rubio, "undated". "Vulnerability to Shocks in EMU: 1991-2004," Working Papers on International Economics and Finance 05-08, FEDEA.
- Xu, Xinpeng, 2002. "Have the Chinese provinces become integrated under reform?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 116-133.
- Van Els, Peter & Peeters, Marga, 1999.
"De baten van een gemeenschappelijke Europese munt
[The benefits of a common European currency]," MPRA Paper 28714, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:imfstp:v:44:y:1997:i:1:p:36-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.