Endogenitatea criteriilor teoriei zonei monetare optime
[The endogeneity of the optimum currency area criteria]
This paper aims to review existing literature on the endogenous effects of monetary integration: whether sharing a single currency may set in motion forces bringing countries closer together. The first part is a review of significant paper in the vast literature on the endogeneity of optimum currency area theory that focuses on the main criteria that are subject of this hypothesis. The second part considers empirical literature on the effects of monetary integration on trade and business cycle synchronization based on evidences provided by the euro area experience. The main conclusion is that the hypothesis attracted a large number of studies and, although they provide heterogeneous results caused by using different methodologies, they all indicate a positive effect.
|Date of creation:||25 Oct 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard Baldwin & Daria Taglioni, 2006.
"Gravity for Dummies and Dummies for Gravity Equations,"
NBER Working Papers
12516, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baldwin, Richard & Taglioni, Daria, 2006. "Gravity for Dummies and Dummies for Gravity Equations," CEPR Discussion Papers 5850, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Flam, Harry & Nordström, Håkan, 2006. "Trade Volume Effects of the Euro: Aggregate and Sector Estimates," Seminar Papers 746, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Zsolt Darvas & Gyorgy Szapary, 2008.
"Euro Area Enlargement and Euro Adoption Strategies,"
IEHAS Discussion Papers
0824, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Zsolt Darvas & György Szapáry, 2008. "Euro Area Enlargement and Euro Adoption Strategies," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 304, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Zsolt Darvas & György Szapáry, 2008. "Euro Area Enlargement and Euro Adoption Strategies," Working Papers 0801, Department of Mathematical Economics and Economic Analysis, Corvinus University of Budapest.
- Maurice J. G. Bun & Franc J. G. M. Klaassen, 2007. "The Euro Effect on Trade is not as Large as Commonly Thought," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 69(4), pages 473-496, 08.
- Richard Baldwin & Virginia DiNino & Lionel Fontagné & Roberto A. De Santis & Daria Taglioni, 2008. "Study on the Impact of the Euro on Trade and Foreign Direct Investment," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 321, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Hiroya Akiba & Yukihiro Iida, 2009. "Monetary Unions and Endogeneity of the OCA Criteria," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(1), pages 101-116.
- Cafiso, Gianluca, 2008. "Euro's influence upon trade: Rose effect versus border effect," Working Paper Series 0941, European Central Bank.
- Sergio de Nardis & Roberta De Santis & Claudio Vicarelli, 2008.
"The Euro's Effects on Trade in a Dynamic Setting,"
European Journal of Comparative Economics,
Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 5(1), pages 73-85, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28470. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.