¿Es posible alcanzar los Objetivos del Milenio en Colombia? Una evaluación de estrategias de focalización y financiamiento
Using the methodology of simulations from a model dynamic computable general equilibrium, which includes a module that involves behavior of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) assesses the potential macroeconomic and social effects of different ways to achieve those objectives in Colombia. Given the complementarity between each of the objectives, the strategy to achieve in education, health and water supply and sewage could be financed through taxation, since there is serious problems implementation when funding is raised through debt. From a micro-simulation exercise assesses the impact of such strategies on poverty and income distribution, which reported modest progress in reducing poverty, due, primarily to positive behavior in the rate of unemployment on poverty; the results are encouraging, because it is very close to meeting the objective. This makes clear that a country like Colombia requires more than achieving the other MDGs, to achieve the goals in poverty.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Attanasio, Orazio & Goldberg, Pinelopi & Pavcnik, Nina, 2003.
"Trade Reforms and Wage Inequality in Colombia,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4023, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robinson, Sherman & Cattaneo, Andrea & El-Said, Moataz, 2000.
"Updating and estimating a Social Accounting Matrix using cross entropy methods,"
TMD discussion papers
58, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sherman Robinson & Andrea Cattaneo & Moataz El-Said, 2001. "Updating and Estimating a Social Accounting Matrix Using Cross Entropy Methods," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 47-64.
- Löfgren, Hans & Harris, Rebecca Lee & Robinson, Sherman, 2001. "A standard computable general equilibrium (CGE) model in GAMS," TMD discussion papers 75, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ligia Melo B & Juana Téllez C & Héctor Zárate S., 2006.
"El ahorro de los hogares en Colombia,"
ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA,
BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE.
- Eduardo Lora & Ugo Panizza, 2002.
"Structural Reforms in Latin America under Scrutiny,"
Research Department Publications
4303, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduardo Lora & Ugo Panizza, 2002. "Structural Reforms in Latin America under Scrutiny," Research Department Publications 4301, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Jairo Nuñez & Silvia Espinosa, 2005. "Pro-Poor Growth And Pro-Poor Programs In Colombia," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 003379, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Leonardo Villar & Hernán Rincón, 2000.
"The Colombian Economy In The Nineties: Capital Flows And Foreign Exchange Regimes,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
003575, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Leonardo Villar & Hernán Rincón, . "The Colombian Economy in the nineties: Capital Flows and Foreign Exchange Regimes," Borradores de Economia 149, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Jorge Saba Arbache, 2001. "Trade Liberalisation and Labor Markets in Developing Countries: Theory and Evidence," Studies in Economics 0112, School of Economics, University of Kent.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28432. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.