Power market reforms and privatization of the electricity industry in the Iranian energy sector; an uphill struggle?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yin-Fang Zhang & David Parker & Colin Kirkpatrick, 2008.
"Electricity sector reform in developing countries: an econometric assessment of the effects of privatization, competition and regulation,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 159-178, April.
- Zhang, Yin-Fang & Kirkpatrick, Colin & Parker, David, 2002. "Electricity Sector Reform in Developing Countries: An Econometric Assessment of the Effects of Privatisation, Competition and Regulation," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30593, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Zhang, Yinfang & Parker, David & Kirkpatrick, Colin, 2005.
"Competition, regulation and privatisation of electricity generation in developing countries: does the sequencing of the reforms matter?,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 358-379, May.
- Zhang, Yingang & Parker, David & Kirkpatrick, Colin, 2004. "Competition, Regulation and Privatisation of Electricity Generation in Developing Countries: Does the Sequencing of the Reforms Matter?," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30599, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Haas, R. & Auer, H., 2006. "The prerequisites for effective competition in restructured wholesale electricity markets," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 857-864.
- Enrico Perotti & Bernardo Bortolotti, 2005. "From Government to Regulatory Governance: Privatization and the Residual Role of the State," Working Papers 2005.151, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Nagayama, Hiroaki, 2007. "Effects of regulatory reforms in the electricity supply industry on electricity prices in developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3440-3462, June.
- Newbery, David M., 2004. "Regulation and competition policy: longer-term boundaries," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 93-95, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yucekaya, Ahmet, 2013. "Bidding of price taker power generators in the deregulated Turkish power market," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 506-514.
More about this item
KeywordsPower market restructuring; privatization; Islamic Republic of Iran;
- N70 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - General, International, or Comparative
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2011-01-23 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2011-01-23 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENE-2011-01-23 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-REG-2011-01-23 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28047. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .