The creation of internet communities: A brief history of on-line distribution of working papers through NEP, 1998-2010
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bernardo Batiz-Lazo & Thomas Krichel, 2011. "A Brief Business History of an on-line distribution system for academic research called NEP, 1998-2010," Working Papers 11005, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
References listed on IDEAS
- Doh-Shin Jeon & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2010.
"The Pricing of Academic Journals: A Two-Sided Market Perspective,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 222-255, May.
- Doh-Shin Jeon & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2007. "The pricing of academic journals: A two-sided market perspective," Economics Working Papers 1025, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 2009.
- Jeon, Doh-Shin & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 2009. "The Pricing of Academic Journals: A Two-Sided Market Perspective," IDEI Working Papers 458, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Jeon, Doh-Shin & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 2009. "The Pricing of Academic Journals: A Two-Sided Market Perspective," TSE Working Papers 09-098, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Chandler, Alfred D., 2005. "Commercializing High-Technology Industries," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 79(03), pages 595-604, September.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2003.
"The vanishing hand: the changing dynamics of industrial capitalism,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 351-385, April.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2001. "The Vanishing Hand: the Changing Dynamics of Industrial Capitalism," Economic History 0110001, EconWPA.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2002. "The Vanishing Hand: the Changing Dynamics of Industrial Capitalism," Working papers 2002-21, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Bernardo Batiz-Lazo & Thomas Krichel, 2005. "On-line distribution of working papers through NEP: A Brief Business History," Economic History 0505002, EconWPA.
- Sune Karlsson & Thomas Krichel, 1999. "RePEc and S-WoPEc: Internet access to electronic preprints in Economics," RePEc and ReDIf documentation lindi, RePEc Team.
- Thomas Krichel & Christian Zimmermann, 2009.
"The Economics of Open Bibliographic Data Provision,"
Economic Analysis and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 143-152, March.
- Thomas Krichel & Christian Zimmermann, 2005. "The Economics of Open Bibliographic Data Provision," Working papers 2005-01, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bernardo Bátiz-Lazo, 2015.
"A Dainty Review of the Business and Economic History of Chile and Latin America,"
Estudios de Economia,
University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 42(2 Year 20), pages 5-16, December.
- Bernardo Batiz-Lazo, 2015. "A Dainty Review of the Business and Economic History of Chile and Latin America," Working Papers 15009, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Bernardo Batiz-Lazo & Rasol Eskandari & John Goddard, 2013.
"Online publishing and citation success in the business and economic history of Spain, 1997-2011,"
13003, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Bernardo Bátiz-Lazo & Rasol Eskandari, 2013. "Trends and Directions in the Accounting, Business and Economic History of Spain, 1997-2011," Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) 1303, Asociacion Espa–ola de Historia Economica.
- Novarese, Marco & Wilson, Chris M., 2013. "Being in the Right Place: A Natural Field Experiment on List Position and Consumer Choice," MPRA Paper 48074, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsdigital libraries; online communities; open source; New Economic Papers (NEP); RePEc;
- N8 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History
- A31 - General Economics and Teaching - - Multisubject Collective Works - - - Multisubject Collected Writings of Individuals
- L63 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Microelectronics; Computers; Communications Equipment
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-12-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2010-12-18 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2010-12-18 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2010-12-18 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-ICT-2010-12-18 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-SOC-2010-12-18 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-SOG-2010-12-18 (Sociology of Economics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27085. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .