The creation of internet communities: A brief history of on-line distribution of working papers through NEP, 1998-2010
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bernardo Batiz-Lazo & Thomas Krichel, 2011. "A Brief Business History of an on-line distribution system for academic research called NEP, 1998-2010," Working Papers 11005, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard N. Langlois, 2003.
"The vanishing hand: the changing dynamics of industrial capitalism,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 351-385, April.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2001. "The Vanishing Hand: the Changing Dynamics of Industrial Capitalism," Economic History 0110001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2002. "The Vanishing Hand: the Changing Dynamics of Industrial Capitalism," Working papers 2002-21, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Doh-Shin Jeon & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2010.
"The Pricing of Academic Journals: A Two-Sided Market Perspective,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 222-255, May.
- Doh-Shin Jeon & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2007. "The pricing of academic journals: A two-sided market perspective," Economics Working Papers 1025, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 2009.
- Jeon, Doh-Shin & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 2009. "The Pricing of Academic Journals: A Two-Sided Market Perspective," TSE Working Papers 09-098, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Jeon, Doh-Shin & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 2009. "The Pricing of Academic Journals: A Two-Sided Market Perspective," IDEI Working Papers 458, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Thomas Krichel & Christian Zimmermann, 2009.
"The Economics of Open Bibliographic Data Provision,"
Economic Analysis and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 143-152, March.
- Thomas Krichel & Christian Zimmermann, 2005. "The Economics of Open Bibliographic Data Provision," Working papers 2005-01, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Chandler, Alfred D., 2005. "Commercializing High-Technology Industries," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 79(03), pages 595-604, September.
- Bernardo Batiz-Lazo & Thomas Krichel, 2005. "On-line distribution of working papers through NEP: A Brief Business History," Economic History 0505002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sune Karlsson & Thomas Krichel, 1999. "RePEc and S-WoPEc: Internet access to electronic preprints in Economics," RePEc and ReDIf documentation lindi, RePEc Team.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bernardo Bátiz-Lazo, 2015.
"A Dainty Review of the Business and Economic History of Chile and Latin America,"
Estudios de Economia,
University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 42(2 Year 20), pages 5-16, December.
- Bernardo Batiz-Lazo, 2015. "A Dainty Review of the Business and Economic History of Chile and Latin America," Working Papers 15009, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Bernardo Batiz-Lazo & Rasol Eskandari & John Goddard, 2013.
"Online publishing and citation success in the business and economic history of Spain, 1997-2011,"
13003, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Bernardo Bátiz-Lazo & Rasol Eskandari, 2013. "Trends and Directions in the Accounting, Business and Economic History of Spain, 1997-2011," Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) 1303, Asociacion Espa–ola de Historia Economica.
- Novarese, Marco & Wilson, Chris M., 2013. "Being in the Right Place: A Natural Field Experiment on List Position and Consumer Choice," MPRA Paper 48074, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsdigital libraries; online communities; open source; New Economic Papers (NEP); RePEc;
- N8 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History
- A31 - General Economics and Teaching - - Multisubject Collective Works - - - Multisubject Collected Writings of Individuals
- L63 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Microelectronics; Computers; Communications Equipment
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-12-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2010-12-18 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2010-12-18 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2010-12-18 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-ICT-2010-12-18 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-SOC-2010-12-18 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-SOG-2010-12-18 (Sociology of Economics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27085. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.