Küresel Kriz Dersleri Işığında Aracı Kurumlarda Finansal Dayanıklılığı Artıran Düzenlemelerin Gözden Geçirilmesi
[Review the Regulations of Financial Strength in Securities Firms in the Light of Global Crisis Lessons]
However there are minumum self discipline regulations for securities firms, crisis has showed risk management standards must go beyond the minumum. There are two important deficiencies in turkish securities firms’ regulations of financial strength. The first is securities firms are using minumum risk management standards defined by the regulations. As observation, we may also argue that small firms can’t use sophisticated technics. Secondly, regulatory capital and financial risks defined by the regulations are essentially based on basel i standards. In this study, we argue that these deficiencies would be the reasons of inherent weaknesses in the industry’s risk management framework.
|Date of creation:||09 Oct 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in EKONOMİ BİLİMLERİ DERGİSİ Cilt 2.Sayı 2(2010): pp. 157-165|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- N/A, 2008. "The World Economy," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 203(1), pages 8-30, January.
- Kristopher Gerardi & Andreas Lehnert & Shane M. Sherlund & Paul Willen, 2008.
"Making Sense of the Subprime Crisis,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 39(2 (Fall)), pages 69-159.
- Kristopher S. Gerardi & Andreas Lehnert & Shane M. Sherlund & Paul S. Willen, 2009. "Making sense of the subprime crisis," Public Policy Discussion Paper 09-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Kristopher S. Gerardi & Andreas Lehnert & Shane M. Sherlund & Paul S. Willen, 2009. "Making sense of the subprime crisis," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2009-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- N/A, 2008. "The World Economy," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 204(1), pages 9-14, April.
- Franklin Allen & Richard Herring, 2001. "Banking Regulation versus Securities Market Regulation," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-29, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27072. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.