Effective Financial Regulation and Creation of the Mega-Regulator in Russia
The subject of the article is creation of the effective system of financial regulation, most fitting to the needs of economic development of Russia and the structural characteristics of the domestic financial market. Having analyzed international experience to-date with integrated financial regulation, the authors formulate the basic conditions for introduction of mega-regulator in Russia. Its alternative institutional designs, their advantages and flaws are described. The conclusion is made that the scheme currently adopted in Russia with Central Bank as a mega-regulator is suboptimal.
Volume (Year): 19 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Nakhimovsky prospekt, 32, Office 1115, 117218 Moscow Russia|
Phone: +7 495 7189855
Fax: +7 495 7189855
Web page: http://www.econorus.org/english.phtml
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jan Monkiewicz, 2007. "Integrated, Consolidated or Specialized Financial Markets Supervisors: Is there an Optimal Solution?*," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 32(1), pages 151-162, January.
- Martin Èihák & Richard Podpiera, 2006. "Is One Watchdog Better than Three? International Experience with Integrated Financial-Sector Supervision (in English)," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 56(3-4), pages 102-126, March.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416.
- Erlend Nier, 2009. "Financial Stability Frameworks and the Role of Central Banks; Lessons From the Crisis," IMF Working Papers 09/70, International Monetary Fund.
- Xavier Vives, 2001. "Restructuring Financial Regulation in the European Monetary Union," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 19(1), pages 57-82, February.
- Martin Cihak & Richard Podpiera, 2006. "Is One Watchdog Better Than Three? International Experience with Integrated Financial Sector Supervision," IMF Working Papers 06/57, International Monetary Fund.
- Niemeyer, Jonas, 2001. "Where to Go after the Lamfalussy Report? - An Economic Analysis of Securities Market Regulation and Supervision," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 482, Stockholm School of Economics.
- McKenzie, G. & Wolfe, S., 2001. "Unification of Financial Regulatory Structures: The Case of the Russian Federation," Papers 01-170, University of Southampton - Department of Accounting and Management Science.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nea:journl:y:2013:i:19:p:82-98. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexey Tcharykov)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.