THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CRISIS:Have the Rules of Finance Changed?
- Asli DemirgÃ¼Ã§-Kunt(The World Bank, USA)Douglas D Evanoff(Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, USA)George G Kaufman(Loyola University Chicago, USA)Registered editor(s):
The recent global financial crisis has caused massive upheavals worldwide. The papers in this volume analyze whether financial principles seem to have shifted in recent years, and what that may mean for international financial markets and regulation. What ¡°broke¡± in the current crisis? Is there no ¡°playbook¡± on how to respond to systemic crises? What is the optimal role of the state in dealing with crises? How should asset bubbles be addressed in the future? Do we need a major overhaul of governance in the industry? What means exist to address systemic crises? What reforms are needed? These and related issues are discussed by an impressive list of well-known scholars, policymakers and practitioners, with an emphasis on the implications for public policy.
|This book is provided by World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. in its series World Scientific Books with number 7865 and published in 2011.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://ebooks.worldscinet.com/|
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- P45 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - International Linkages
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
- N20 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - General, International, or Comparative
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:wsbook:7865. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers various economics topics
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed