Regionale Innovationssysteme der EU im Prozess der Globalisierung
[Regional EU-Innovationsystems under Transformation in the Process of Globalisation]
The global competition in innovation has significantly intensified over the past decades. New large countries like China, India, Brazil and Russia are challenging the traditional incum-bents like the US, Europe and Japan in this area. By accelerating the integration of the previ-ously predominant national innovation systems towards a European Innovation Union the European Commission is aiming to make significant progress as part of the 2020 strategy. By creating regional innovation clusters, by further international enhancing respective networks with other global innovation centres globally and further specialization of regional innova-tion locations the available capacities in Europe should better utilized and further strength-ened. As a part of the 7th EU-Framework Program the project „Intangible Assets and Re-gional Growth” has made significant contributions through academic research. In particular the creation of innovative milieus in regional innovation systems and the attraction and fur-ther qualification of human capital are key drivers for the success of such locations.
|Date of creation:||25 Oct 2010|
|Date of revision:||25 Oct 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Audretsch, David B. & Keilbach, Max, 2002.
"Entrepreneurship Capital and Economic Performance,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
02-76, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Audretsch, David B & Keilbach, Max, 2003. "Entrepreneurship Capital and Economic Performance," CEPR Discussion Papers 3678, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David B. Audretsch & Max Keilbach, 2004. "Entrepreneurship Capital and Economic Performance," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-01, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Malerba, Franco, 2002. "Sectoral systems of innovation and production," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 247-264, February.
- Christian Dreger & Georg Erber, 2008. "Humankapital und Wirtschaftswachstum in den Regionen der EU," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 75(29), pages 402-408.
- Matthias Bürger & Tom Brökel & Alex Coad, 2009.
"Regional Dynamics of Innovation Investigating the Co-Evolution of Patents, R&D, and Employment,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2009-046, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Matthias Buerger & Tom Broekel & Alex Coad, 2009. "Regional Dynamics of Innovation - Investigating the Co-Evolution of Patents, R&D, and Employment," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0908, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Jun 2009.
- Georg Erber, 2007. "Große Potentiale der Nanotechnologie in Deutschland," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 74(25), pages 393-396.
- Georg Erber & Harald Hagemann, 2007. "Deutsche Innovationspolitik: Herausforderungen im Zuge der Globalisierung," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 74(16), pages 231-234.
- Richard B. Freeman, 2005.
"Does Globalization of the Scientific/Engineering Workforce Threaten U.S. Economic Leadership?,"
NBER Working Papers
11457, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard B. Freeman, 2006. "Does Globalization of the Scientific/Engineering Workforce Threaten U.S. Economic Leadership?," NBER Chapters, in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 6, pages 123-158 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.