Assessment of sectoral innovation systems approach: The case of Turkish internet service market
The aim of this paper is to evaluate sectoral innovation system of Turkish internet service market by looking into some case studies and making interviews with related actors. In this attempt, firstly, a sectoral innovation systems approach has been described briefly from theoretical point of view. Then, third section introduces sectoral innovation systems of internet services. At fourth section, two case studies are mentioned. At the following chapter, we focus on regulatory developments that affect market and sectoral innovation systems regarding broadband internet access in Turkey. Fourthly, we describe the results of interviews done with executive officers of several large Internet Service Providers and a general secretary of a sector association in this country. Finally, we discuss the policy implications for Turkish policy makers in order to improve the functioning of sectoral innovation systems of internet services. At the conclusion section, we summarize the main findings and policy suggestions.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.itseurope.org/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Malerba, Franco, 2002. "Sectoral systems of innovation and production," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 247-264, February.
- Malerba, Franco, 2007. "Innovation and the dynamics and evolution of industries: Progress and challenges," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 675-699, August.
- Franco Malerba, 2005. "Sectoral systems of innovation: a framework for linking innovation to the knowledge base, structure and dynamics of sectors," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1-2), pages 63-82.
- Sadowski, Bert M. & Nucciarelli, Alberto & de Rooij, Marc, 0. "Providing incentives for private investment in municipal broadband networks: Evidence from the Netherlands," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10-11), pages 582-595, November.
- Janssen, Maarten C.W. & Mendys-Kamphorst, Ewa, 2008. "Triple play: How do we secure future benefits?," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 735-743, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:itse11:52179. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.