Zukunftsperspektiven betriebswirtschaftlicher Forschung im Bereich der Internetökonomie
[Future perspectives of economic research in the context of internet economics]
The ongoing globalization of production was accompanied by the fast development of information and communication systems. Especially the example of the internet shows this very clearly. Although this relatively young communication network is used by an increasing number of people, and the interest in this new technology is widespread, nevertheless there still exists a multitude of questions about the economic backgrounds. It is the aim of this paper, to identify as well as structure the spectrum of areas of research in this field, esentially in order to provide an introduction and a general idea about the recent state.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Salop, Steven C & Scheffman, David T, 1983. "Raising Rivals' Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 267-71, May.
- Rishab Aiyer Ghosh, 1998. "Cooking pot Markets: an Economic Model for the Trade in Free Goods and Services on the Internet," Brazilian Electronic Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, vol. 1(1), July.
- Mackie-Mason, J.K. & Varian, H.R., 1993.
"Pricing the Internet,"
20/1993, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Nicholas Economides, 1995.
"The Economics of Networks,"
94-24, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics, revised Sep 1995.
- Economides, Nicholas, 1996. "The economics of networks," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 673-699, October.
- Nicholas Economides, 1997. "The Economics of Networks," Brazilian Electronic Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, vol. 1(0), December.
- MacKie-Mason, J.K. & Varian, H.L., 1993.
"Some Economists of the Internet,"
93-16, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Lee McKnight & Joseph P. Bailey, 1997. "Global Internet Economics," Brazilian Electronic Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, vol. 1(0), December.
- Nicholas Economides, 1998. "Raising Rivals' Costs in Complementary Goods Markets: LECs Entering into Long Distance and Microsoft Bundling Internet Explorer," Working Papers 98-03, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Gilroy, Bernard Michael, 1998. "International Competitiveness, Multinational Enterprise Technology Clubs and the Government Interface," MPRA Paper 17983, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nicholas Economides & Benjamin E. Hermalin, 2012.
"The economics of network neutrality,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 43(4), pages 602-629, December.
- Soon-Yong Choi & Andrew B. Whinston & Dale O. Stahl, 1997. "Is Microsoft a Monopolist?," Brazilian Electronic Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, vol. 1(0), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:21086. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.