Net neutrality at internet backbone provider level
This paper analysis the Internet interconnection market and combine the main technical (i.e. service quality) and economic aspects (i.e. profits and utility) characterizing relations between market players (end users, EUs; Internet Service Providers, ISPs; Internet Backbone Providers, IBPs) in order to determine possible economic outcomes in the strategic interaction between them. The proposed model enables a comparison to be made between expected values of social welfare (i.e. EU utility and profits of both ISPs and IBPs) on the current scenario (Best Effort) and considering two classes of priority in the traffic routing. Finally we illustrate the model's applicability to an example of network.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.itseurope.org/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:rje:randje:v:37:y:2006:3:p:668-691 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marc Bourreau & Frago Kourandi & Tommaso Valletti, 2014.
"Net Neutrality with Competing Internet Platforms,"
CEIS Research Paper
307, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 14 Feb 2014.
- Nicholas Economides & Benjamin Hermalin, 2010.
"The Economics of Network Neutrality,"
10-20, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Little, Iain & Wright, Julian, 2000. "Peering and Settlement in the Internet: An Economic Analysis," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 151-173, September.
- Jay Pil Choi & Byung-Cheol Kim, 2008.
"Net Neutrality and Investment Incentives,"
08-03, NET Institute.
- Choi, Jay & Kim, Byung-Cheol, 2008. "Net Neutrality and Investment Incentives," Working Paper Series 4010, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Jay Pil Choi & Byung-Cheol Kim, 2008. "Net Neutrality and Investment Incentives," CESifo Working Paper Series 2390, CESifo Group Munich.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:itse13:88506. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.