Network Neutrality and Network Management Regulation: Quality of Service, Price Discrimination, and Exclusive Contracts
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Economides, Nicholas & Tåg, Joacim, 2011. "Network Neutrality and Network Management Regulation: Quality of Service, Price Discrimination, and Exclusive Contracts," Working Paper Series 890, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Nicholas Economides & Joacim Tag, 2011. "Network Neutrality and Network Management Regulation: Quality of Service, Price Discrimination, and Exclusive Contracts," Working Papers 11-09, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christiaan Hogendorn, 2007.
"Broadband Internet: net neutrality versus open access,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 185-208, August.
- Christiaan Hogendorn, 2006. "Broadband Internet: Net Neutrality versus Open Access," Working Papers 2006-09, Center for Network Industries and Infrastructure (CNI).
- Keith M. Chen & Barry Nalebuff, 2006.
"One-Way Essential Complements,"
321307000000000669, UCLA Department of Economics.
- M. Keith Chen & Barry J. Nalebuff, 2006. "One-Way Essential Complements," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1588, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Chen, M. Keith & Nalebuff, Barry, 2006. "One-Way Essential Complements," Working Papers 22, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Jay Pil Choi & Byung-Cheol Kim, 2010.
"Net neutrality and investment incentives,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 41(3), pages 446-471.
- Choi, Jay & Kim, Byung-Cheol, 2008. "Net Neutrality and Investment Incentives," Working Paper Series 4010, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Jay Pil Choi & Byung-Cheol Kim, 2008. "Net Neutrality and Investment Incentives," Working Papers 08-03, NET Institute.
- Jay Pil Choi & Byung-Cheol Kim, 2008. "Net Neutrality and Investment Incentives," CESifo Working Paper Series 2390, CESifo Group Munich.
- Krämer, Jan & Wiewiorra, Lukas, 2009. "Innovation through Discrimination!? A Formal Analysis of the Net Neutrality Debate," MPRA Paper 16655, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hermalin, Benjamin E. & Katz, Michael L., 2007.
"The economics of product-line restrictions with an application to the network neutrality debate,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 215-248, June.
- Hermalin, Benjamin E & Katz, Michael L, 2006. "The Economics of Product-Line Restrictions With an Application to the Network Neutrality Debate," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt81r3b7xs, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
More about this item
KeywordsNetwork neutrality; Internet price discrimination; exclusivity; quality of Service; network management; congestion; AT&T; Verizon; Google;
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:net:wpaper:1102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicholas Economides). General contact details of provider: http://www.NETinst.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.