Schweizerische Pflichtlagerhaltung und ihre Finanzierung
[Swiss obligatory stockpiling and its financing]
Due to the recent renouncement of the public contract governing the financial scheme behind the Swiss obligatory commodity stockpiling arrangement, a new arrangement is needed that will prove acceptable to the engaged parties (the Swiss central bank, the "Schweizerische Bankiervereinigung" and the "Bundesamt für wirtschaftliche Landesversorgung"). The paper examines general implications of obligatory stockpiling and discusses potential methods of financing obligatory Swiss commodity stockpiles. Economic arguments question the desireability of obligatory stockpiles. The decision as to the appropriate mode of financing obligatory stockpiles is basically a political one which should take regard of the economic implications behind the chosen financial arrangement.
|Date of creation:||1991|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1987. "Economic Behaviour in Adversity," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226342825.
- Kaplow, Louis, 1991.
" Incentives and Government Relief for Risk,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 167-75, April.
- Bengt Holmstrom, 1997.
"Moral Hazard and Observability,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
1205, David K. Levine.
- Gilroy, Bernard Michael & Broll, Udo, 1988. "International Cooperation and Intra-Industrial Transactions," MPRA Paper 18705, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul H. Cootner, 1960. "Returns to Speculators: Telser versus Keynes," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68, pages 396.
- Cootner, Paul H., 1967. "Speculation and Hedging," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute.
- Hirshleifer, David, 1989. "Futures Trading, Storage, and the Division of Risk: A Multiperiod Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 700-719, September.
- Hicks, J. R., 1975. "Value and Capital: An Inquiry into some Fundamental Principles of Economic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780198282693.
- Lester G. Telser, 1958. "Futures Trading and the Storage of Cotton and Wheat," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 233.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:21083. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.