International Cooperation and Intra-Industrial Transactions
The paper examines theoretically the empirical observation or increasing levels of intra-industrial trade flows. The relationship between intra-industrial trade and consumer preferences in addition to product differentiation advanced by internationally active firms are discussed within the framework of a simple model of international trade in differentiated goods. In an international free trade scenario, ranking high in product differentiation and monopolistic market structures, the intensity of international trade activities steadily rises as the structure of consumer preferences exhibits demand pattern similarity: export and import levels rise simultaneously. Intra-industrial commodities exchanges as well as investment cross-hauling of multinational enterprises prove to be important vehicles international cooperation among nation.
|Date of creation:||1988|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Broll, Udo & Gilroy, Bernard Michael, 1985. "Developing Countries in Light of Intra-Trade," MPRA Paper 18046, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Balassa, Bela, 1986. "Intra-Industry specialization : A cross-country analysis," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 27-42, February.
- David Greenaway, 1983. "Intra-industry and inter-industry trade in Switzerland," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 119(1), pages 109-121, March.
- Gilroy, Bernard Michael & Broll, Udo, 1987. "West Germany - Expanding Where The Markets Are," MPRA Paper 18156, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1984.
"A Simple Theory of International Trade with Multinational Corporations,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(3), pages 451-471, June.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 1984. "A Simple Theory of International Trade with Multinational Corporations," Scholarly Articles 3445092, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Broll, Udo & Gilroy, Bernard Michael, 1986. "Comparative Advantage and Trade Patterns," MPRA Paper 18155, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gilroy, Bernard Michael, 1989. " Intra-firm Trade," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(4), pages 325-343.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:18705. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.