Schweizerische Pflichtlagerhaltung und ihre Finanzierung
Due to the recent renouncement of the public contract governing the financial scheme behind the Swiss obligatory commodity stockpiling arrangement, a new arrangement is needed that will prove acceptable to the engaged parties (the Swiss central bank, the "Schweizerische Bankiervereinigung" and the "Bundesamt für wirtschaftliche Landesversorgung"). The paper examines general implications of obligatory stockpiling and discusses potential methods of financing obligatory Swiss commodity stockpiles. Economic arguments question the desireability of obligatory stockpiles. The decision as to the appropriate mode of financing obligatory stockpiles is basically a political one which should take regard of the economic implications behind the chosen financial arrangement.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 127 (1991)
Issue (Month): III (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: c/o SNB/BNS, Börsenstrasse 15, PO Box 2800, CH-8022 Zürich|
Phone: +41 (0)44 631 32 34
Fax: +41 (0)44 631 39 01
Web page: http://www.sjes.ch
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kaplow, Louis, 1991.
" Incentives and Government Relief for Risk,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 167-75, April.
- Lester G. Telser, 1958. "Futures Trading and the Storage of Cotton and Wheat," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 233.
- Cootner, Paul H., 1967. "Speculation and Hedging," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute.
- Hicks, J. R., 1975. "Value and Capital: An Inquiry into some Fundamental Principles of Economic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780198282693, May.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1987. "Economic Behaviour in Adversity," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226342825, December.
- Bengt Holmstrom, 1979.
"Moral Hazard and Observability,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 74-91, Spring.
- Gilroy, Bernard Michael & Broll, Udo, 1988. "International Cooperation and Intra-Industrial Transactions," MPRA Paper 18705, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul H. Cootner, 1960. "Returns to Speculators: Telser versus Keynes," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68, pages 396.
- Hirshleifer, David, 1989. "Futures Trading, Storage, and the Division of Risk: A Multiperiod Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 700-719, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ses:arsjes:1991-iii-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Steiner)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.