Sequential Spatial Competition in Vertically Related industries with Different Product Varieties
We demonstrate the sensitivity of the location of downstream firms, engaged in sequential spatial competition, to the vertical structure of an industry where no downstream firm can produce all varieties demanded.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Beladi, Hamid & Chakrabarti, Avik & Marjit, Sugata, 2008. "Vertical mergers and downstream spatial competition with different product varieties," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 262-264, December.
- Arozamena, Leandro & Weinschelbaum, Federico, 2009.
"Simultaneous vs. sequential price competition with incomplete information,"
Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 23-26, July.
- Leandro Arozamena & erico Weinschelbaum, 2008. "Simultaneous vs. Sequential Price Competition with Incomplete Information," Department of Economics Working Papers 2008_3, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Maskin, Eric, 1986. "The Existence of Equilibrium in Discontinuous Economic Games, II: Applications," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1), pages 27-41, January.
- Braid, Ralph M., 2008. "Spatial price discrimination and the locations of firms with different product selections or product varieties," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 342-347, March.
- Francine Lafontaine & Margaret Slade, 2007.
"Vertical Integration and Firm Boundaries: The Evidence,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 45(3), pages 629-685, September.
- Lafontaine, Francine & Slade, Margaret, 2007. "Vertical Integration and Firm Boundaries : The Evidence," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 799, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Maskin, Eric S & Riley, John G, 1984.
"Optimal Auctions with Risk Averse Buyers,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1473-1518, November.
- Raff, Horst & Ryan, Michael & Stähler, Frank, 2009.
"The choice of market entry mode: Greenfield investment, M&A and joint venture,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 3-10, January.
- Stähler, Frank & Ryan, Michael & Raff, Horst, 2007. "The Choice of Market Entry Mode: Greenfield Investment, M&A and Joint Venture," Economics Working Papers 2007,19, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Kurata, Hiroshi & Ohkawa, Takao & Okamura, Makoto, 2009. "Location choice, competition, and welfare in non-tradable service FDI," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 20-25, January.
- Haller, Stefanie A., 2009. "The impact of multinational entry on domestic market structure and investment," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 52-62, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:19278. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.