Cross-border merger, vertical structure, and spatial competition
We look at the implications of a cross-border merger upstream in a vertically related industry where no downstream firm can produce all varieties demanded.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kurata, Hiroshi & Ohkawa, Takao & Okamura, Makoto, 2009. "Location choice, competition, and welfare in non-tradable service FDI," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 20-25, January.
- Neary, J. Peter, 2004.
"Cross-Border Mergers as Instruments of Comparative Advantage,"
Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers
34, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- J. Peter Neary, 2007. "Cross-Border Mergers as Instruments of Comparative Advantage," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 74(4), pages 1229-1257.
- J Peter Neary, 2004. "Cross-Border Mergers as Instruments of Comparative Advantage," Working Papers 200404, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Neary, J Peter, 2004. "Cross-Border Mergers as Instruments of Comparative Advantage," CEPR Discussion Papers 4325, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Haller, Stefanie A., 2009. "The impact of multinational entry on domestic market structure and investment," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 52-62, January.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Maskin, Eric, 1986. "The Existence of Equilibrium in Discontinuous Economic Games, II: Applications," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1), pages 27-41, January.
- Maskin, Eric S & Riley, John G, 1984.
"Optimal Auctions with Risk Averse Buyers,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1473-1518, November.
- Leandro Arozamena & erico Weinschelbaum, 2008.
"Simultaneous vs. Sequential Price Competition with Incomplete Information,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
2008_3, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Arozamena, Leandro & Weinschelbaum, Federico, 2009. "Simultaneous vs. sequential price competition with incomplete information," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 23-26, July.
- Klomp, Jeroen, 2010. "Causes of banking crises revisited," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 72-87, March.
- Amador, João & Cabral, Sónia, 2008.
"Vertical specialization across the world: a relative measure,"
9618, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amador, João & Cabral, Sónia, 2009. "Vertical specialization across the world: A relative measure," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 267-280, December.
- João Amador & Sónia Cabral, 2008. "Vertical Specialization Across the World: A Relative Measure," Working Papers w200810, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Lafontaine, Francine & Slade, Margaret, 2007.
"Vertical Integration and Firm Boundaries : The Evidence,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
799, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Francine Lafontaine & Margaret Slade, 2007. "Vertical Integration and Firm Boundaries: The Evidence," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 45(3), pages 629-685, September.
- Stähler, Frank & Ryan, Michael & Raff, Horst, 2007.
"The Choice of Market Entry Mode: Greenfield Investment, M&A and Joint Venture,"
Economics Working Papers
2007,19, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Raff, Horst & Ryan, Michael & Stähler, Frank, 2009. "The choice of market entry mode: Greenfield investment, M&A and joint venture," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 3-10, January.
- Beladi, Hamid & Chakrabarti, Avik & Marjit, Sugata, 2010.
"Sequential spatial competition in vertically related industries with different product varieties,"
Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 112-114, February.
- Beladi, Hamid & Chakrabarti, Avik & Marjit, Sugata, 2009. "Sequential Spatial Competition in Vertically Related industries with Different Product Varieties," MPRA Paper 19278, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Braid, Ralph M., 2008. "Spatial price discrimination and the locations of firms with different product selections or product varieties," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 342-347, March.
- Beladi, Hamid & Chakrabarti, Avik & Marjit, Sugata, 2008. "Vertical mergers and downstream spatial competition with different product varieties," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 262-264, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:109:y:2010:i:2:p:112-114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.