Transporte público en Cartagena: ¿Qué factores determinan las preferencias de los usuarios?
[Public transportation in Cartagena: what factors determine user preferences? (in Spanish)]
This document analizes the preferences of public transportation system users in Cartagena de Indias - Colombia. The research uses related variables on transportation modes chosen by people and some other characteristics of the people who make such decisions. The analysis allows us to understand the behavior of public urban transportation system users in the city of Cartagena, and shows us evidence about some probable reasons associated with new informal public transportation modes, which at this moment play an important role in the public transportation market in the city. The research uses binary choice probabilistic models (Probit) and primary information collected by a survey for system users.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2004|
|Date of revision:||Feb 2005|
|Publication status:||Published in Economía & Región No.3.Vol.2(2005): pp. 7-54|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Irma Chaparro, 2002. "Evaluación del impacto socio económico del transporte urbano en la ciudad de Bogotá. El caso del sistema de transporte masivo, Transmilenio," DOCUMENTOS DE INVESTIGACION 002640, CEPAL NACIONES UNIDAS.
- Alpizar, Francisco & Carlsson, Fredrik, 2003.
"Policy implications and analysis of the determinants of travel mode choice: an application of choice experiments to metropolitan Costa Rica,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(04), pages 603-619, October.
- Alpizar, Francisco & Carlsson, Fredrik, 2001. "Policy Implications and Analysis of the Determinants of Travel Mode Choice: An Application of Choice Experiments to Metropolitan Costa Rica," Working Papers in Economics 56, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Candelaria Barrios Gonzalez & M? Angeles Martinez Navarro, 1998. "The demand for urban transport: An application of discrete choice model for Cadiz," ERSA conference papers ersa98p157, European Regional Science Association.
- Chaparro, Irma, 2002. "Evaluación del impacto socioeconómico del transporte urbano en la ciudad de Bogotá: el caso del sistema de transporte masivo Transmilenio," Recursos Naturales e Infraestructura 48, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL). Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:1773. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.