Efficient Simulation-Based Minimum Distance Estimation and Indirect Inference
Given a random sample from a parametric model, we show how indirect inference estimators based on appropriate nonparametric density estimators (i.e., simulation-based minimum distance estimators) can be constructed that, under mild assumptions, are asymptotically normal with variance-covarince matrix equal to the Cramér-Rao bound.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carrasco, Marine & Chernov, Mikhail & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Ghysels, Eric, 2007. "Efficient estimation of general dynamic models with a continuum of moment conditions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 529-573, October.
- Gourieroux, C & Monfort, A & Renault, E, 1993.
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(S), pages S85-118, Suppl. De.
- Filippo Altissimo & Antonio Mele, 2009. "Simulated Non-Parametric Estimation of Dynamic Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 76(2), pages 413-450.
- Tauchen, George E. & Gallant, A. Ronald, 1995.
"Which Moments to Match,"
95-20, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Fermanian, Jean-David & Salani , Bernard, 2004. "A Nonparametric Simulated Maximum Likelihood Estimation Method," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(04), pages 701-734, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16608. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.