Innovation and Social Capital in the Small-Medium Enterprises: a case of bamboo handicraft in Indonesia
This paper aims to seek what type of innovation and to estimate the impact of social capital on the innovation in the small-medium enterprises (SMEs) in Indonesia. The data used in this paper was collected from May to June 2008 in several clusters of bamboo handicraft producers in the district of Sleman, Yogyakarta Special Province. The research found that more than half of respondents are innovative producers. Innovation of product and organizational are the important types of innovation in the bamboo handicraft. Social capital, measured by an index of trust significantly influences the innovation index. Other important variables that influence the index of innovation are location, sex, and education. However, in the logistic regression, only education that significantlly explain the probability of innovation.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Steven N. Durlauf & Marcel Fafchamps, 2004.
NBER Working Papers
10485, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Durlauf,S.N. & Fafchamps,M., 2004. "Social capital," Working papers 12, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Steven N. Durlauf & Marcel Fafchamps, 2004. "Social Capital," CSAE Working Paper Series 2004-14, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Steven N. Durlauf, 2004. "Social Capital," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2004-14, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Steven Durlauf & Marcel Fafchamps, 2004. "Social Capital," Development and Comp Systems 0409060, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:15696. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.