Variabilité spatiale des prix hédoniques des caractéristiques du logement: une nouvelle méthode de calcul des indices de prix spatiaux
[Spatial variability of housing attribute marginal prices: estimation of regional price indices]
Estimation of spatial housing price indices requires a housing market segmentation into local sub-markets. In this paper, we use geographically weighted regression model (GWR) to take account for spatial heterogeneity of housing attribute marginal prices. Estimated marginal prices are then used to assess constant quality housing values over space. Evidences from urban Tunisia assert attribute marginal prices variability and provide satisfactory indices in both ownership and rental markets.
|Date of creation:||20 Oct 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Won Kim, Chong & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 2003.
"Measuring the benefits of air quality improvement: a spatial hedonic approach,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 24-39, January.
- Kim, Chong Won & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 1998. "Measuring The Benefits Of Air Quality Improvement: A Spatial Hedonic Approach," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20959, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Bartik, Timothy J, 1987. "The Estimation of Demand Parameters in Hedonic Price Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(1), pages 81-88, February.
- Kelley Pace, R., 1997. "Performing large spatial regressions and autoregressions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 283-291, July.
- Michaels, R. Gregory & Smith, V. Kerry, 1990. "Market segmentation and valuing amenities with hedonic models: The case of hazardous waste sites," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 223-242, September.
- Zabel, Jeffrey E., 2004. "The demand for housing services," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 16-35, March.
- Richard V. Butler, 1982. "The Specification of Hedonic Indexes for Urban Housing," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 58(1), pages 96-108.
- Rapaport, Carol, 1997. "Housing Demand and Community Choice: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 243-260, September.
- Steven C. Bourassa & Martin Hoesli & Jian Sun, 2004.
"A Simple Alternative House Price Index Method,"
FAME Research Paper Series
rp119, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Benson, Earl D, et al, 1998. "Pricing Residential Amenities: The Value of a View," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 55-73, January.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132.
- Sheppard, Stephen, 1999.
"Hedonic analysis of housing markets,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,
in: P. C. Cheshire & E. S. Mills (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 41, pages 1595-1635
- Peter F. Colwell & Gene Dilmore, 1999. "Who Was First? An Examination of an Early Hedonic Study," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(4), pages 620-626.
- Haurin, Donald R. & Brasington, David, 1996. "School Quality and Real House Prices: Inter- and Intrametropolitan Effects," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 351-368, December.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Palmquist, Raymond B., 1992. "Valuing localized externalities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 59-68, January.
- Wilhelmsson, Mats, 2002. "Household Expenditure Patterns for Housing Attributes: A Linear Expenditure System with Hedonic Prices," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 75-93, March.
- Goodman, Allen C., 1978. "Hedonic prices, price indices and housing markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 471-484, October.
- Christopher Bitter & Gordon Mulligan & Sandy Dall’erba, 2007. "Incorporating spatial variation in housing attribute prices: a comparison of geographically weighted regression and the spatial expansion method," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 7-27, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:14227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.