Imbalances in China and U.S. Capital Flows
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Neil Baily & Robert Z. Lawrence, 2006. "Can America Still Compete or Does It Need a New Trade Paradigm?," Policy Briefs PB06-9, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Kevin Cowan & José De Gregorio, 2007.
"International Borrowing, Capital Controls, and the Exchange Rate: Lessons from Chile,"
NBER Chapters,in: Capital Controls and Capital Flows in Emerging Economies: Policies, Practices and Consequences, pages 241-296
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kevin Cowan & Jose De Gregorio, 2005. "International Borrowing, Capital Controls and the Exchange Rate: Lessons from Chile," NBER Working Papers 11382, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kevin Cowan & Jose De Gregorio, 2005. "International Borrowing, Capital Controls and the Exchange Rate: Lessons from Chile," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 322, Central Bank of Chile.
- Forbes, Kristin J., 2007.
"One cost of the Chilean capital controls: Increased financial constraints for smaller traded firms,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 294-323, April.
- Kristin J. Forbes, 2003. "One Cost of the Chilean Capital Controls: Increased Financial Constraints for Smalles Traded Firms," NBER Working Papers 9777, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Forbes, Kristin J., 2003. "One Cost of the Chilean Capital Controls: Increased Financial Constraints for Smaller Traded Firms," Working papers 4273-02, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Tatom, John, 2007. "China currency dispute: is a rise in the yuan inevitable, necessary or desirable?," MPRA Paper 5366, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francisco Gallego & Leonardo Hernández & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 1999.
"Capital Controls in Chile: Effective? Efficient?,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
59, Central Bank of Chile.
- Francisco A. Gallego & Leonardo Hernandez & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2000. "Capital Controls in Chile: Effective? Efficient?," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0330, Econometric Society.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Menzie D. Chinn & Eiji Fujii, 2008. "Pitfalls in Measuring Exchange Rate Misalignment: The Yuan and Other Currencies," NBER Working Papers 14168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsCapital account imbalance; capital controls and banking inefficiencies; capital outflows and financial development; exchange rate management; banking regulation;
- F42 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - International Policy Coordination and Transmission
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2008-11-25 (Development)
- NEP-FDG-2008-11-25 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-IFN-2008-11-25 (International Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2008-11-25 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-OPM-2008-11-25 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:11706. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .