Does Excess Bank Liquidity Impact Non-Performing Loan? A Study on Bangladeshi Economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Helmi Hamdi & Abdelaziz Hakimi & Khemais Zaghdoudi, 2017.
"Diversification, bank performance and risk: have Tunisian banks adopted the new business model?,"
Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 3(1), pages 1-25, December.
- Helmi Hamdi & Abdelaziz Hakimi & Khemais Zaghdoudi, 2017. "Diversification, bank performance and risk: have Tunisian banks adopted the new business model?," Post-Print halshs-01902753, HAL.
- Moufida Ben Saada, 2018. "The impact of control quality on the non-performing loans of Tunisian listed banks," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(1), pages 2-15, January.
- Louzis, Dimitrios P. & Vouldis, Angelos T. & Metaxas, Vasilios L., 2012.
"Macroeconomic and bank-specific determinants of non-performing loans in Greece: A comparative study of mortgage, business and consumer loan portfolios,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1012-1027.
- Dimitrios P. Louzis & Aggelos T. Vouldis & Vasilios L. Metaxas, 2010. "Macroeconomic and bank-specific determinants of non-performing loans in Greece: a comparative study of mortgage, business and consumer loan portfolios," Working Papers 118, Bank of Greece.
- Muhammad Umar & Gang Sun, 2016. "Non-performing loans (NPLs), liquidity creation, and moral hazard: Case of Chinese banks," China Finance and Economic Review, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Xinhua Liu & L. Wray, 2010. "Excessive Liquidity and Bank Lending in China," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(3), pages 45-63.
- Rozina Akter & Jewel Kumar Roy, 2017. "The Impacts of Non-Performing Loan on Profitability: An Empirical Study on Banking Sector of Dhaka Stock Exchange," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 9(3), pages 126-132, March.
- Mohd Zaini Abd Karim & Sok-Gee Chan & Sallahudin Hassan, 2010. "Bank Efficiency and Non-Performing Loans: Evidence from Malaysia and Singapore," Prague Economic Papers, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2010(2), pages 118-132.
- Abdelkader Boudriga & Neila Boulila Taktak & Sana Jellouli, 2009. "Banking supervision and nonperforming loans: a cross-country analysis," Journal of Financial Economic Policy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(4), pages 286-318, November.
- Kent, Richard J, 1981. "An Analysis of Countercyclical Policies of the FHLBB," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(1), pages 61-79, March.
- James Earley, 1981. "What caused worldwide inflation: Excess liquidity, excessive credit, or both?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 117(2), pages 213-243, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ozili, Peterson K, 2017. "Non-performing loans and Financial Development: New Evidence," MPRA Paper 75964, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pascasie NDIKUMANA & Dr. Sazir Nsubuga Mayanja & Dr. Gedion Alangâ€™o Omwono, 2019. "Relationship Between Credit Risk Management And Loan Portfolio In Commercial Banks Of Rwanda; A Case Of Urwego Opportunity Bank (2012-2016)," Noble International Journal of Social Sciences Research, Noble Academic Publsiher, vol. 4(6), pages 86-104, June.
- Brei, Michael & Jacolin, Luc & Noah, Alphonse, 2020.
"Credit risk and bank competition in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(C).
- M. Brei & L. Jacolin & A. Noah, 2018. "Credit risk and bank competition in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working papers 664, Banque de France.
- Alphonse Noah & Luc Jacolin & Michael Brei, 2018. "Credit Risk And Bank Competition In Sub-Saharan Africa," EconomiX Working Papers 2018-27, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Michael Brei & Luc Jacolin & Alphonse Noah, 2020. "Credit Risk and Bank Competition in Sub-Saharan Africa," Post-Print hal-02887007, HAL.
- Syed Faizan Iftikhar, 2015. "Financial Reforms and Financial Fragility: A Panel Data Analysis," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(2), pages 1-18, April.
- Christos Christodoulou-Volos & Andreas Hadjixenophontos, 2017. "Empirical Determinants of the Non-Performing Loans in the Cypriot Banking System," Journal of Finance and Investment Analysis, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 6(4), pages 1-1.
- Vasiliki Makri, 2015. "What Triggers Loan Losses? An Empirical Investigation of Greek Financial Sector," SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, University of Piraeus, vol. 65(3-4), pages 119-143, july-Dece.
- Vasiliki Makri & Athanasios Tsagkanos & Athanasios Bellas, 2014. "Determinants of Non-Performing Loans: The Case of Eurozone," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 61(2), pages 193-206, March.
- Abdul Aziz Khan Niazi & Suleman Aziz Lodhi & Abdul Basit & Tehmina Fiaz Qazi, 2020. "Tacit Knowledge Sharing Model For Banks: Remedial Measure Of Likelihood Of Default," Bulletin of Business and Economics (BBE), Research Foundation for Humanity (RFH), vol. 9(1), pages 32-50, March.
- Us, Vuslat, 2017. "Dynamics of non-performing loans in the Turkish banking sector by an ownership breakdown: The impact of the global crisis," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 109-117.
- Ismail Tijjani Idris & Sabri Nayan, 2016. "The Joint Effects of Oil Price Volatility and Environmental Risks on Non-performing Loans: Evidence from Panel Data of Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 6(3), pages 522-528.
- Louhichi, Awatef & Boujelbene, Younes, 2016. "Credit risk, managerial behaviour and macroeconomic equilibrium within dual banking systems: Interest-free vs. interest-based banking industries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 104-121.
- Tarchouna, Ameni & Jarraya, Bilel & Bouri, Abdelfettah, 2017. "How to explain non-performing loans by many corporate governance variables simultaneously? A corporate governance index is built to US commercial banks," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 645-657.
- Samuel Gameli Gadzo, 2018. "Non-Performing Loan and Liquidity of Universal Banks: Does Minimum Capital Requirement Matters?," The Journal of Social Sciences Research, Academic Research Publishing Group, vol. 4(12), pages 792-801, 12-2018.
- Dua, Pami & Kapur, Hema, 2018. "Macro stress testing and resilience assessment of Indian banking," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 452-475.
- Imad Jabbouri & Maryem Naili, 2020. "Determinants of Nonperforming Loans in Emerging Markets: Evidence from the MENA Region," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 22(04), pages 1-33, February.
- Sudarso Kaderi Wiryono & Kharisya Ayu Effendi, 2018. "Islamic Bank Credit Risk: Macroeconomic and Bank Specific Factors," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(3), pages 53-62.
- Vasiliki Makri, 2016. "Towards an Investigation of Credit Risk Determinants in Eurozone Countries," Journal of Accounting and Management Information Systems, Faculty of Accounting and Management Information Systems, The Bucharest University of Economic Studies, vol. 15(1), pages 27-57, March.
- Konstantakis, Konstantinos N. & Michaelides, Panayotis G. & Vouldis, Angelos T., 2016.
"Non performing loans (NPLs) in a crisis economy: Long-run equilibrium analysis with a real time VEC model for Greece (2001–2015),"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 451(C), pages 149-161.
- Konstantakis, Konstantinos N. & Michaelides, Panayotis G. & Vouldis, Angelos T., 2016. "Non-Performing Loans (ΝPLs) in a Crisis Economy: Long-Run Equilibrium Analysis with a Real-Time VEC Model for Greece (2001-2015)," MPRA Paper 90000, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ben Ali, Mohamed Sami & Fhima, Fredj & Nouira, Ridha, 2020. "How does corruption undermine banking stability? A threshold nonlinear framework," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C).
- Shakeel Ahmed & M. Ejaz Majeed & Eleftherios Thalassinos & Yannis Thalassinos, 2021. "The Impact of Bank Specific and Macro-Economic Factors on Non-Performing Loans in the Banking Sector: Evidence from an Emerging Economy," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 14(5), pages 1-14, May.
More about this item
KeywordsBank Liquidity; Bank Run; Inflation; Investment; OLS; Interest Rates; Loanable Funds.;
All these keywords.
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:101150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.