Convex and Exact Games with Non-transferable Utility
We generalize exactness to games with non-transferable utility (NTU). In an exact game for each coalition there is a core allocation on the boundary of its payoff set. Convex games with transferable utility are well-known to be exact. We study five generalizations of convexity in the NTU setting. We show that each of ordinal, coalition merge, individual merge and marginal convexity can be unified under NTU exactness. We provide an example of a cardinally convex game which is not NTU exact. Finally, we relate the classes of \Pi-balanced, totally \Pi-balanced, NTU exact, totally NTU exact, ordinally convex, cardinally convex, coalition merge convex, individual merge convex and marginal convex games to one another.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.kgk.uni-obuda.hu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herings P. Jean-Jacques & Predtetchinski Arkadi, 2002.
"A Necessary and Sufficient Condition for Non--emptiness of the Core of a Non--transferable Utility Game,"
016, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Predtetchinski, Arkadi & Jean-Jacques Herings, P., 2004. "A necessary and sufficient condition for non-emptiness of the core of a non-transferable utility game," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 84-92, May.
- Pulido, Manuel A. & Sánchez-Soriano, Joaquín, 2009. "On the core, the Weber set and convexity in games with a priori unions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(2), pages 468-475, March.
- Curiel, Imma & Pederzoli, Giorgio & Tijs, Stef, 1989. "Sequencing games," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 344-351, June.
- Csóka Péter & Herings P. Jean-Jacques & Kóczy László Á, 2007.
"Stable Allocations of Risk,"
040, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Péter Csóka & P. Jean-Jacques Herings & László Á. Kóczy, 2007. "Stable Allocations of Risk," Working Paper Series 0802, Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management, revised Apr 2008.
- Peter Csoka & P. Jean-Jacques Herings, & Laszlo A. Koczy, 2007. "Stable Allocations of Risk," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0704, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Demange, Gabrielle, 1987.
Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 1057-74, September.
- Casas-Mendez, Balbina & Garcia-Jurado, Ignacio & van den Nouweland, Anne & Vazquez-Brage, Margarita, 2003. "An extension of the [tau]-value to games with coalition structures," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 148(3), pages 494-513, August.
- Granot, D, et al, 1996. "The Kernel/Nucleolus of a Standard Tree Game," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 219-44.
- S. C. Littlechild & G. Owen, 1973. "A Simple Expression for the Shapley Value in a Special Case," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(3), pages 370-372, November.
- Peleg, Bezalel, 1986. "A proof that the core of an ordinal convex game is a von Neumann-Morgenstern solution," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 83-87, February.
- Peleg, Bezalel, 2002.
"Game-theoretic analysis of voting in committees,"
Handbook of Social Choice and Welfare,
in: K. J. Arrow & A. K. Sen & K. Suzumura (ed.), Handbook of Social Choice and Welfare, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 395-423
- Ruud Hendrickx & Judith Timmer & Peter Borm, 2002. "A note on NTU convexity," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 29-37.
- Hendrickx, R.L.P. & Borm, P.E.M. & Timmer, J.B., 2000. "On Convexity for NTU-Games," Discussion Paper 2000-108, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Ichiishi, Tatsuro, 1981. "Super-modularity: Applications to convex games and to the greedy algorithm for LP," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 283-286, October.
- Biswas, A. K. & Parthasarathy, T. & Potters, J. A. M. & Voorneveld, M., 1999. "Large Cores and Exactness," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-12, July.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521414449 is not listed on IDEAS
- Curiel, I. & Pederzoli, G. & Tijs, S.H., 1989. "Sequencing games," Other publications TiSEM cd695be5-0f54-4548-a952-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Aumann, Robert J. & Maschler, Michael, 1985. "Game theoretic analysis of a bankruptcy problem from the Talmud," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 195-213, August.
- Branzei, R. & Tijs, S. & Zarzuelo, J., 2009. "Convex multi-choice games: Characterizations and monotonic allocation schemes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 198(2), pages 571-575, October.
- Calleja, Pedro & Borm, Peter & Hendrickx, Ruud, 2005. "Multi-issue allocation situations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 164(3), pages 730-747, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pkk:wpaper:0904. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandra Vécsey)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.