Convex and Exact Games with Non-transferable Utility
We generalize exactness to games with non-transferable utility (NTU). In an exact game for each coalition there is a core allocation on the boundary of its payoff set. Convex games with transferable utility are well-known to be exact. We study five generalizations of convexity in the NTU setting. We show that each of ordinal, coalition merge, individual merge and marginal convexity can be unified under NTU exactness. We provide an example of a cardinally convex game which is not NTU exact. Finally, we relate the classes of \Pi-balanced, totally \Pi-balanced, NTU exact, totally NTU exact, ordinally convex, cardinally convex, coalition merge convex, individual merge convex and marginal convex games to one another.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1084 Budapest, Tavaszmezö u. 15-17|
Web page: http://www.kgk.uni-obuda.hu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ruud Hendrickx & Judith Timmer & Peter Borm, 2002.
"A note on NTU convexity,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 31(1), pages 29-37.
- Hendrickx, R.L.P. & Borm, P.E.M. & Timmer, J.B., 2002. "A note on NTU-convexity," Other publications TiSEM c8e46ca9-db92-4579-b793-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Peleg,Bezalel, 2008. "Game Theoretic Analysis of Voting in Committees," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521074650, Diciembre.
- Peleg, Bezalel, 2002. "Game-theoretic analysis of voting in committees," Handbook of Social Choice and Welfare,in: K. J. Arrow & A. K. Sen & K. Suzumura (ed.), Handbook of Social Choice and Welfare, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 395-423 Elsevier.
- Pulido, Manuel A. & Sánchez-Soriano, Joaquín, 2009. "On the core, the Weber set and convexity in games with a priori unions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(2), pages 468-475, March.
- Hendrickx, R.L.P. & Borm, P.E.M. & Timmer, J.B., 2000. "On Convexity for NTU-Games," Discussion Paper 2000-108, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Csóka, Péter & Herings, P. Jean-Jacques & Kóczy, László Á., 2009. "Stable allocations of risk," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 266-276, September.
- Péter Csóka & P. Jean-Jacques Herings & László Á. Kóczy, 2007. "Stable Allocations of Risk," Working Paper Series 0802, Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management, revised Apr 2008.
- Peter Csoka & P. Jean-Jacques Herings, & Laszlo A. Koczy, 2007. "Stable Allocations of Risk," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0704, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Demange, Gabrielle, 1987. "Nonmanipulable Cores," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 1057-1074, September.
- Ichiishi,Tatsuro, 1993. "The Cooperative Nature of the Firm," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521414449, Diciembre.
- Calleja, Pedro & Borm, Peter & Hendrickx, Ruud, 2005. "Multi-issue allocation situations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 164(3), pages 730-747, August.
- Casas-Mendez, Balbina & Garcia-Jurado, Ignacio & van den Nouweland, Anne & Vazquez-Brage, Margarita, 2003. "An extension of the [tau]-value to games with coalition structures," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 148(3), pages 494-513, August.
- Curiel, I. & Pederzoli, G. & Tijs, S.H., 1989. "Sequencing games," Other publications TiSEM cd695be5-0f54-4548-a952-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Predtetchinski, Arkadi & Jean-Jacques Herings, P., 2004. "A necessary and sufficient condition for non-emptiness of the core of a non-transferable utility game," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 84-92, May.
- Herings P. Jean-Jacques & Predtetchinski Arkadi, 2002. "A Necessary and Sufficient Condition for Non--emptiness of the Core of a Non--transferable Utility Game," Research Memorandum 016, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Aumann, Robert J. & Maschler, Michael, 1985. "Game theoretic analysis of a bankruptcy problem from the Talmud," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 195-213, August.
- S. C. Littlechild & G. Owen, 1973. "A Simple Expression for the Shapley Value in a Special Case," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(3), pages 370-372, November.
- Granot, D & Maschler, M & Owen, G & Zhu, W.R., 1996. "The Kernel/Nucleolus of a Standard Tree Game," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 25(2), pages 219-244.
- Biswas, A. K. & Parthasarathy, T. & Potters, J. A. M. & Voorneveld, M., 1999. "Large Cores and Exactness," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-12, July.
- Ichiishi, Tatsuro, 1981. "Super-modularity: Applications to convex games and to the greedy algorithm for LP," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 283-286, October.
- Peleg, Bezalel, 1986. "A proof that the core of an ordinal convex game is a von Neumann-Morgenstern solution," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 83-87, February.
- Branzei, R. & Tijs, S. & Zarzuelo, J., 2009. "Convex multi-choice games: Characterizations and monotonic allocation schemes," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 198(2), pages 571-575, October.
- Curiel, Imma & Pederzoli, Giorgio & Tijs, Stef, 1989. "Sequencing games," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 344-351, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)