Absolute optimal solution for a compact and convex game
This paper investigates the existence of absolute optimal solutions for a partition P in continuous and quasiconcave games. We show that the P-consistency property introduced in the paper, together with the quasiconcavity and continuity of payoffs, permits the existence of P-absolute optimal solutions in games with compact and convex strategy spaces. The P-consistency property is a general condition that cannot be dispensed with for the existence of P-absolute optimal solutions. We also characterize the existence of P-absolute optimal solutions by providing necessary and sufficient conditions. Moreover, we suggest an algorithm for efficiently computing P-absolute optimal solutions.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bernheim, B. Douglas & Peleg, Bezalel & Whinston, Michael D., 1987. "Coalition-Proof Nash Equilibria I. Concepts," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 1-12, June.
- Michel Grabisch & Yukihiko Funaki, 2012. "A coalition formation value for games in partition function form," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00690696, HAL.
- Yannelis, Nicholas C. & Prabhakar, N. D., 1983. "Existence of maximal elements and equilibria in linear topological spaces," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 233-245, December.
- Rudolf Berghammer & Agnieszka Rusinowska & Harrie De Swart, 2009.
"An Interdisciplinary Approach to Coalition Formation,"
- Berghammer, Rudolf & Rusinowska, Agnieszka & de Swart, Harrie, 2009. "An interdisciplinary approach to coalition formation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 195(2), pages 487-496, June.
- ZHAO, Jingang, . "The equilibria of a multiple objective game," CORE Discussion Papers RP -987, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00690696 is not listed on IDEAS
- Péter Csóka & P. Jean-Jacques Herings & László Á. Kóczy & Miklós Pintér, 2009.
"Convex and Exact Games with Non-transferable Utility,"
Working Paper Series
0904, Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
- Csóka, Péter & Jean-Jacques Herings, P. & Kóczy, László Á. & Pintér, Miklós, 2011. "Convex and exact games with non-transferable utility," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 209(1), pages 57-62, February.
- Csóka Péter & Herings P. Jean-Jacques & Kóczy László Á. & Pintér Miklós, 2009. "Convex and Exact Games with Non-transferable Utility," Research Memorandum 031, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Zhao, Jingang, 1992.
"The hybrid solutions of an N-person game,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 145-160, January.
- Baye, Michael R & Tian, Guoqiang & Zhou, Jianxin, 1993. "Characterizations of the Existence of Equilibria in Games with Discontinuous and Non-quasiconcave Payoffs," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(4), pages 935-48, October.
- Licun Xue, 2000. "Negotiation-proof Nash equilibrium," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 339-357.
- Vidal-Puga, Juan J., 2008. "Forming coalitions and the Shapley NTU value," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 190(3), pages 659-671, November.
- Ichiishi, Tatsuro, 1981. "A Social Coalitional Equilibrium Existence Lemma," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(2), pages 369-77, March.
- Grabisch, Michel & Funaki, Yukihiko, 2012. "A coalition formation value for games in partition function form," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(1), pages 175-185.
- Jingang Zhao, 1999. "The existence of TU -core in normal form games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 25-34.
- Tian, Guoqiang, 1993. "Necessary and Sufficient Conditions for Maximization of a Class of Preference Relations," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(4), pages 949-58, October.
- Zhao, Jingang, 1999. "A [beta]-Core Existence Result and Its Application to Oligopoly Markets," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 153-168, April.
- Goh, C. J. & Yang, X. Q., 1999. "Vector equilibrium problem and vector optimization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 615-628, August.
- Nagarajan, Mahesh & Sosic, Greys, 2008. "Game-theoretic analysis of cooperation among supply chain agents: Review and extensions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(3), pages 719-745, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:224:y:2013:i:2:p:353-361. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.