Absolute optimal solution for a compact and convex game
This paper investigates the existence of absolute optimal solutions for a partition P in continuous and quasiconcave games. We show that the P-consistency property introduced in the paper, together with the quasiconcavity and continuity of payoffs, permits the existence of P-absolute optimal solutions in games with compact and convex strategy spaces. The P-consistency property is a general condition that cannot be dispensed with for the existence of P-absolute optimal solutions. We also characterize the existence of P-absolute optimal solutions by providing necessary and sufficient conditions. Moreover, we suggest an algorithm for efficiently computing P-absolute optimal solutions.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 224 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Csóka Péter & Herings P. Jean-Jacques & Kóczy László Á. & Pintér Miklós, 2009.
"Convex and Exact Games with Non-transferable Utility,"
031, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Csóka, Péter & Jean-Jacques Herings, P. & Kóczy, László Á. & Pintér, Miklós, 2011. "Convex and exact games with non-transferable utility," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 209(1), pages 57-62, February.
- Péter Csóka & P. Jean-Jacques Herings & László Á. Kóczy & Miklós Pintér, 2009. "Convex and Exact Games with Non-transferable Utility," Working Paper Series 0904, Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
- Michel Grabisch & Yukihiko Funaki, 2012.
"A coalition formation value for games in partition function form,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Grabisch, Michel & Funaki, Yukihiko, 2012. "A coalition formation value for games in partition function form," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(1), pages 175-185.
- Ichiishi, Tatsuro, 1981. "A Social Coalitional Equilibrium Existence Lemma," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(2), pages 369-77, March.
- Michael R. Baye & Guoqiang Tian & Jianxin Zhou, 1993. "Characterizations of the Existence of Equilibria in Games with Discontinuous and Non-quasiconcave Payoffs," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(4), pages 935-948.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00690696 is not listed on IDEAS
- Berghammer, Rudolf & Rusinowska, Agnieszka & de Swart, Harrie, 2009.
"An interdisciplinary approach to coalition formation,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 195(2), pages 487-496, June.
- Rudolf Berghammer & Agnieszka Rusinowska & Harrie De Swart, 2009. "An Interdisciplinary Approach to Coalition Formation," Post-Print halshs-00406460, HAL.
- Bernheim, B. Douglas & Peleg, Bezalel & Whinston, Michael D., 1987. "Coalition-Proof Nash Equilibria I. Concepts," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 1-12, June.
- Licun Xue, 2000. "Negotiation-proof Nash equilibrium," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 29(3), pages 339-357.
- Yannelis, Nicholas C. & Prabhakar, N. D., 1983. "Existence of maximal elements and equilibria in linear topological spaces," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 233-245, December.
- Nagarajan, Mahesh & Sosic, Greys, 2008. "Game-theoretic analysis of cooperation among supply chain agents: Review and extensions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 187(3), pages 719-745, June.
- Zhao, Jingang, 1992.
"The hybrid solutions of an N-person game,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 145-160, January.
- Goh, C. J. & Yang, X. Q., 1999. "Vector equilibrium problem and vector optimization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 615-628, August.
- Jingang Zhao, 1999. "The existence of TU -core in normal form games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 28(1), pages 25-34.
- Guoqiang Tian, 1993. "Necessary and Sufficient Conditions for Maximization of a Class of Preference Relations," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(4), pages 949-958.
- repec:cor:louvrp:-987 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhao, Jingang, 1999. "A [beta]-Core Existence Result and Its Application to Oligopoly Markets," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 153-168, April.
- Vidal-Puga, Juan J., 2008. "Forming coalitions and the Shapley NTU value," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 190(3), pages 659-671, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:224:y:2013:i:2:p:353-361. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.