On the core, the Weber set and convexity in games with a priori unions
This paper deals with the concepts of core and Weber set with a priori unions à la Owen. As far as we know, the Owen approach to games with a priori unions has never been studied from the coalitional stability point of view. Thus we introduce the coalitional core and coalitional Weber set and characterize the class of convex games with a priori unions by means of the relationships between both solution concepts.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:spr:compst:v:66:y:2007:i:2:p:255-261 is not listed on IDEAS
- Winter, Eyal, 1992.
"The consistency and potential for values of games with coalition structure,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 132-144, January.
- Eyal Winter, 1989. "The Consistency and Potential for Values of Games with Coalition Structure," Discussion Paper Serie A 242, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Pacios, Miguel A. & García Jurado, Ignacio & Carreras, Francesc, 1992. "Estudio coalicional de los parlamentos autonómicos españoles de régimen común," DE - Documentos de Trabajo. Economía. DE 3026, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989. "Potential, Value, and Consistency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 589-614, May.
- Peleg, B, 1986. "On the Reduced Game Property and Its Converse," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 15(3), pages 187-200.
- Albizuri, M.J. & Aurrecoechea, J. & Zarzuelo, J.M., 2006. "Configuration values: Extensions of the coalitional Owen value," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 1-17, October.
- Carreras, Francesc & Owen, Guillermo, 1988. "Evaluation of the Catalonian Parliament, 1980-1984," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 87-92, February.
- Pulido, Manuel A. & Sanchez-Soriano, Joaquin, 2006. "Characterization of the core in games with restricted cooperation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 175(2), pages 860-869, December.
- Curiel, I. & Tijs, S.H., 1991. "Minimarg and the maximarg operators," Other publications TiSEM 1f024ef6-4383-41ae-aba6-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Hart, Sergiu & Kurz, Mordecai, 1983. "Endogenous Formation of Coalitions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 1047-1064, July.
- Ichiishi, Tatsuro, 1981. "Super-modularity: Applications to convex games and to the greedy algorithm for LP," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 283-286, October.
- Vazquez-Brage, M. & van den Nouweland, A. & Garcia-Jurado, I., 1997. "Owen's coalitional value and aircraft landing fees," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 273-286, October.
- Hamiache, Gerard, 1999. "A new axiomatization of the Owen value for games with coalition structures," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 281-305, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)