Agricultural Trade between Bangladesh and India: An Analysis of Trends, Trading Patterns and Determinants
The paper analyses the indices of trends and patterns of India-Bangladesh bilateral agriculture trade, and estimates the short and long-run elasticities of the determinants of this trade by using descriptive statistics and econometric estimations. It has come up with a number of policy recommendations to stimulate and promote agricultural trade between the two countries, particularly in view of the recent offer of duty-free market access by India to Bangladesh.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: House 40C, Road 32, Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka 1000|
Phone: (880-2) 8124770
Fax: (880-2) 8130951
Web page: http://www.cpd.org.bd
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Prabir De & Biswa N. Bhattacharyay, 2007. "Deepening IndiaÃ¢â‚¬â€œBangladesh Economic Cooperation : Challenges and Opportunities," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22098, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan, 2005. "The saving and investment nexus for China: evidence from cointegration tests," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(17), pages 1979-1990.
- Iman Sugema, 2005. "The Determinants of Trade Balance and Adjustment to the Crisis in Indonesia," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2005-08, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Mahinda Siriwardana & Jinmei Yang, 2007. "Effects of Proposed Free Trade Agreement between India and Bangladesh," South Asia Economic Journal, Institute of Policy Studies of Sri Lanka, vol. 8(1), pages 21-38, January.
- Hendry, David F., 1995. "Dynamic Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198283164, December.
- Tang, Tuck Cheong, 2003. "Japanese aggregate import demand function: reassessment from the 'bounds' testing approach," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 419-436, December.
- Hoque, Mohammad Monjurul & Yusop, Zulkornain, 2010. "Impacts of trade liberalisation on aggregate import in Bangladesh: An ARDL Bounds test approach," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 37-52, February.
- Parakrama Samaratunga & Kamal Marunagoda & Manoj Thibbotuwawa, 2007. "Mapping and analaysis of the South Asian agricultural trade liberalization efforts," STUDIES IN TRADE AND INVESTMENT, in: Studies in Trade and Investment - AGRICULTURAL TRADE - PLANTING THE SEEDS OF REGIONAL LIBERALIZATION IN ASIA, volume 60, pages 33-74 United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Bardsen, Gunnar, 1989. "Estimation of Long Run Coefficients in Error Correction Models," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 51(3), pages 345-350, August.
- Mustafizur Rahman & Towfiqul Islam Khan & Ashiqun Nabi & Tapas Kumar Paul, 2010.
"Bangladesh's Export Opportunities in the Indian Market : Addressing Barriers and Strategies for Future,"
Trade Working Papers
23060, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Mustafizur Rahman & Towfiqul Islam Khan & Ashiqun Nabi & Tapas Kumar Paul, 2010. "Bangladesh's Export Opportunities in the Indian Market: Addressing Barriers and Strategies for Future," CPD Working Paper 90, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pdb:cpaper:3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Avra Bhattacharjee)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.