Shortening university career fades the signal away. Evidence from Italy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Giorgio Di Pietro & Andrea Cutillo, 2006. "University Quality and Labour Market Outcomes in Italy," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 20(1), pages 37-62, March.
- Brown, Sarah & Sessions, John G, 1998. "Education, Employment Status and Earnings: A Comparative Test of the Strong Screening Hypothesis," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 45(5), pages 586-591, November.
- Brown, Sarah & Sessions, John G., 1999. "Education and employment status: a test of the strong screening hypothesis in Italy," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 397-404, October.
- Cappellari, Lorenzo & Lucifora, Claudio, 2009.
"The "Bologna Process" and college enrollment decisions,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 638-647, December.
- Cappellari, Lorenzo & Lucifora, Claudio, 2008. "The "Bologna Process" and College Enrolment Decisions," IZA Discussion Papers 3444, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Claudio Lucifora, 2008. "The "Bologna Process" and College Enrolment Decisions," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Economia dell'Impresa e del Lavoro ieil0051, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Cappellari, Lorenzo & Lucifora, Claudio, 2008. "The 'Bologna process' and College enrolment decisions," ISER Working Paper Series 2008-16, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:9:y:2005:i:4:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Heywood & Xiangdong Wei, 2004. "Education and Signaling: Evidence from a Highly Competitive Labor Market," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 1-16.
- Arnaud Chevalier, 2003. "Measuring Over-education," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 70(279), pages 509-531, August.
- G. Boero & T. Laureti & R. Naylor, 2005. "An econometric analysis of student withdrawal and progression in post-reform Italian Universities," Working Paper CRENoS 200504, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1979. "On the weak versus the strong version of the screening hypothesis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 181-185.
- Thomas O. BRODATY & Robert J. GARY-BOBO & Ana PRIETO, 2009. "Does Speed Signal Ability , A Test of Spence's Theory," Working Papers 2009-02, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Luisa Rosti & Chikara Yamaguchi & Carolina Castagnetti, 2005. "Educational Performance as Signalling Device: Evidence from Italy," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 9(4), pages 1-7.
- Arnaud Chevalier & Colm Harmon & Ian Walker & Yu Zhu, 2004.
"Does Education Raise Productivity, or Just Reflect it?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(499), pages 499-517, November.
- Arnaud Chevalier & Colm Harmon & Ian Walker & Yu Zhu, 2002. "Does education raise productivity, or just reflect it?," Open Access publications 10197/1104, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Chevalier, Arnaud & Harmon, Colm & Walker, Ian & Zhu, Yu, 2003. "Does Education Raise Productivity or Just Reflect It?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3993, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Arnaud Chevalier & Colm Harmon & Ian Walker & Yu Zhu, 2003. "Does education raise productivity, or just reflect it?," Working Papers 200304, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Charles R. Pierret, 2001. "Employer Learning and Statistical Discrimination," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(1), pages 313-350.
- Fabian Lange, 2007. "The Speed of Employer Learning," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25, pages 1-35.
- Bosio, Giulio & Leonardi, Marco, 2011. "The Impact of Bologna Process on the Graduate Labour Market: Demand and Supply," IZA Discussion Papers 5789, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsScreening; Italy; Higher Education;
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- J08 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2012-03-08 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2012-03-08 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SOG-2012-03-08 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pav:wpaper:146. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paolo Bonomolo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dppavit.html .