A framework for duality theory is set forth, based on the model-independent role of homotheties. An expansion vector field is introduced as global generator of pure expansion effects, in terms of which to deepen the differential aspects of preference symmetries, fundamental identities and conjugation in connection with the benchmark nature of homothetic models. Potential lines of progress are envisaged.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://economia.unipr.it/de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bogetoft, Peter & Fare, Rolf, 1999.
"Allocative Efficiency of Technically Inefficient Production Units,"
Unit of Economics Working papers
24217, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Food and Resource Economic Institute.
- Bogetoft, Peter & Fare, Rolf & Obel, Borge, 2006. "Allocative efficiency of technically inefficient production units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 168(2), pages 450-462, January.
- Deaton, Angus, 1979. "The Distance Function in Consumer Behaviour with Applications to Index Numbers and Optimal Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 391-405, July.
- Pollak, Robert A, 1971. "Additive Utility Functions and Linear Engel Curves," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(116), pages 401-14, October.
- Robert Chambers & Thomas Mitchell, 2001. "Homotheticity and Non-Radial Changes," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 31-39, January.
- Cornes,Richard, 1992. "Duality and Modern Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521336017, May.
- Christopher J. Tyson, 2013.
"Preference Symmetries, Partial Differential Equations, and Functional Forms for Utility,"
702, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Tyson, Christopher J., 2013. "Preference symmetries, partial differential equations, and functional forms for utility," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 266-277.
- Andrea Mantovi, 2013. "On the commutativity of expansion and substitution effects," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 110(1), pages 83-105, September.
- Debreu, Gerard, 1976. "Regular Differentiable Economies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 280-87, May.
- Thomas A. Weber, 2010. "Hicksian Welfare Measures and the Normative Endowment Effect," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(4), pages 171-94, November.
- Bertoletti, Paolo, 2006. "Logarithmic quasi-homothetic preferences," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 433-439, March.
- Chipman, John S & Moore, James C, 1980. "Compensating Variation, Consumer's Surplus, and Welfare," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 933-49, December.
- Luenberger, David G., 1992. "Benefit functions and duality," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 461-481.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680, March.
- Chambers,Robert G., 1988. "Applied Production Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314275, May.
- Robert G. Chambers & Rolf Färe, 1998. "Translation homotheticity," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 629-641.
- Baumol, William J, 1973. "Income and Substitution Effects in the Linder Theorem," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 87(4), pages 629-33, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:par:dipeco:2013-ep05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrea Lasagni)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.