Explaining London's Dominance in International Financial Services, 1870-1913
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "History and Industry Location: The Case of the Manufacturing Belt," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 80-83, May.
- Pierre-Cyrille Hautcoeur & Angelo Riva, 2007.
"The Paris financial market in the 19th century: an efficient multi-polar organization?,"
PSE Working Papers
- Pierre-Cyrille Hautcoeur & Angelo Riva, 2009. "The Paris Financial Market in the 19th Century: an efficient multi - polar organisation?," Post-Print hal-00390432, HAL.
- Pierre-Cyrille Hautcoeur & Angelo Riva, 2009. "The Paris Financial Market in the 19th Century : an efficient multi - polar organisation ?," Post-Print hal-00390438, HAL.
- Pierre-Cyrille Hautcoeur & Angelo Riva, 2008. "The Paris Financial Market in the 19th Century: an efficient multi - polar organization ?," Post-Print hal-00390442, HAL.
- Flores, Juan-Huitzi, 2007. "Lending booms, underwriting and competition : the baring crisis revisited," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp07-01, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Davis, Lance & Neal, Larry & White, Eugene N., 2003. "How it all began: the rise of listing requirements on the London, Berlin, Paris, and New York stock exchanges," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 117-143.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Crafts, N F R & Leybourne, S J & Mills, Terence C, 1989. "The Climacteric in Late Victorian Britain and France: A Reappraisal of the Evidence," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(2), pages 103-117, April-Jun.
- Gehrig, Thomas, 1998. "Cities and the Geography of Financial Centres," CEPR Discussion Papers 1894, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Michael Storper & Anthony J. Venables, 2004.
"Buzz: face-to-face contact and the urban economy,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 4(4), pages 351-370, August.
- Michael Storper & Anthony J. Venables, 2003. "Buzz: Face-to-Face Contact and the Urban Economy," CEP Discussion Papers dp0598, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Storper, Michael & Venables, Anthony J., 2003. "Buzz: face-to-face contact and the urban economy," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20008, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jacks, David S. & Meissner, Christopher M. & Novy, Dennis, 2011.
"Trade booms, trade busts, and trade costs,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 185-201, March.
- David S. Jacks & Christopher M. Meissner & Dennis Novy, 2009. "Trade Booms, Trade Busts, and Trade Costs," CESifo Working Paper Series 2767, CESifo Group Munich.
- David S. Jacks & Christopher M. Meissner & Dennis Novy, 2009. "Trade Booms, Trade Busts, and Trade Costs," NBER Working Papers 15267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacks, David S; Meissner, Christopher; Novy, Dennis, 2010. "Trade Booms, Trade Busts and Trade Costs," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 33, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Flandreau, Marc & Flores, Juan H., 2009. "Bonds and Brands: Foundations of Sovereign Debt Markets, 1820–1830," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 69(03), pages 646-684, September.
- Flandreau, Marc & Jobst, Clemens, 2005. "The Ties that Divide. A Network Analysis of the International Monetary System," CEPR Discussion Papers 5129, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:pse:psecon:2007-31 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial services; City of London; Pre-WWI; Agglomeration; CGE simulations;
- N23 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxf:wpaper:455. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Pouliquen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .