Migration and Remittances in Kazakhstan: First Evidence from a Household Survey
Internal migration flows in Kazakhstan are of high social and political relevance but political and public attention has primarily been devoted to external movements. This paper presents the main descriptive results of a new household survey on migration and remittances in Kazakhstan which was conducted in four cities (Almaty, Astana, Karaganda and Pavlodar) between October and December 2010. It summarizes the survey’s methodology, gives an overview over the basic characteristics of respondents, illustrates migration experiences on the individual and the household level and compares migrants and non-migrants. Furthermore, the prevalence of remittances and attitudes towards migration are discussed.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Landshuter Str. 4, 93047 Regensburg|
Phone: +49-(0)941-943 54 10
Fax: +49-(0)941-943 54 27
Web page: http://www.ios-regensburg.de
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alexander M. Danzer & Barbara Dietz & Kseniia Gatskova, 2013. "Migration and Remittances in Tajikistan: Survey Technical Report," Working Papers 327, Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and South-East European Studies).
- Kseniia Ursulenko, 2010. "Regional Development in Kazakhstan," Memoranda - Policy Papers 47, Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and South-East European Studies).
- Aldashev, Alisher & Dietz, Barbara, 2011.
"Determinants of internal migration in Kazakhstan,"
34922, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alisher Aldashev & Barbara Dietz, 2011. "Determinants of Internal Migration in Kazakhstan," Working Papers 301, Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and South-East European Studies).
- Lall, Somik V. & Timmins, Christopher & Yu, Shouyue, 2009. "Connecting lagging and leading regions : the role of labor mobility," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4843, The World Bank. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)