Retail Networks and Real Estate: the case of Swiss luxury watches in China and Southeast
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Geoffrey Keogh & Eamonn D'Arcy, 1999. "Property Market Efficiency: An Institutional Economics Perspective," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 36(13), pages 2401-2414, December.
- Leïla Kebir & Olivier Crevoisier, 2007.
"Cultural Resources and Regional Development: The Case of the Cultural Legacy of Watchmaking,"
Chapters, in: Philip Cooke & Luciana Lazzeretti (ed.), Creative Cities, Cultural Clusters and Local Economic Development, chapter 2,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lei¨la Kebir & Olivier Crevoisier, 2006. "Cultural Resources and Regional Development: The Case of the Cultural Legacy of Watchmaking," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(9), pages 1189-1205, October.
- Leila Kebir & Olivier Crevoisier, 2008. "Cultural Resources and Regional Development: The Case of the Cultural Legacy of Watchmaking," GRET Publications and Working Papers 10-08, GRET Group of Research in Territorial Economy, University of Neuchâtel.
- Hsing, You-tien, 2010. "The Great Urban Transformation: Politics of Land and Property in China," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199568048.
- Anne Haila, 2000. "Real Estate in Global Cities: Singapore and Hong Kong as Property States," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 37(12), pages 2241-2256, November.
- Thierry Theurillat, 2011.
"La ville négociée : entre financiarisation et durabilité,"
Géographie, économie, société, Lavoisier, vol. 13(3), pages 225-254.
- Thierry Theurillat, 2011. "La ville négociée : entre financiarisation et durabilité," GRET Publications and Working Papers 12-11, GRET Group of Research in Territorial Economy, University of Neuchâtel.
- Alan Smart & James Lee, 2003. "Financialization and the Role of Real Estate in Hong Kong’s Regime of Accumulation," Economic Geography, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 79(2), pages 153-171, April.
- Andrew Godley & Haiming Hang, 2008. "Revisiting the psychic distance paradox: international retailing in China in the long run (1840-2005," Economics Discussion Papers em-dp2008-66, Department of Economics, University of Reading.
- Simon Guy & John Henneberry, 2000. "Understanding Urban Development Processes: Integrating the Economic and the Social in Property Research," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 37(13), pages 2399-2416, December.
- Igal Charney, 2001. "Three Dimensions of Capital Switching within the Real Estate Sector: A Canadian Case Study," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(4), pages 740-758, December.
- Jamie Peck & Nik Theodore & Neil Brenner, 2013. "Neoliberal Urbanism Redux?," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3), pages 1091-1099, May.
- Susan S. Fainstein, 2008. "Mega‐projects in New York, London and Amsterdam," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(4), pages 768-785, December.
- Hugues Jeannerat & Olivier Crevoisier, 2011. "Non-technological innovation and multi-local territorial knowledge dynamics in the Swiss watch industry," GRET Publications and Working Papers 01-11, GRET Group of Research in Territorial Economy, University of Neuchâtel.
- Brun, Alessandro & Caniato, Federico & Caridi, Maria & Castelli, Cecilia & Miragliotta, Giovanni & Ronchi, Stefano & Sianesi, Andrea & Spina, Gianluca, 2008. "Logistics and supply chain management in luxury fashion retail: Empirical investigation of Italian firms," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 554-570, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hugues Jeannerat & Leila Kebir, 2012. "Mobility of Knowledge. Knowledge resources and markets: What territorial economic systems ?," GRET Publications and Working Papers 02-12, GRET Group of Research in Territorial Economy, University of Neuchâtel.
- Hugues Jeannerat, 2013. "Staging experience, valuing authenticity: Towards a market perspective on territorial development," GRET Publications and Working Papers 05-13, GRET Group of Research in Territorial Economy, University of Neuchâtel.
- Mengzhu Zhang & Si Qiao & Xiang Yan, 2021. "The secondary circuit of capital and the making of the suburban property boom in postcrisis Chinese cities," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 53(6), pages 1331-1355, September.
- Margalit, Talia & Mualam, Nir, 2020. "Selective rescaling, inequality and popular growth coalitions: The case of the Israeli national plan for earthquake preparedness," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C).
- Joe Doak & Nikos Karadimitriou, 2007. "(Re)development, Complexity and Networks: A Framework for Research," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 44(2), pages 209-229, February.
- Alison Todes & Jennifer Robinson, 2020. "Re-directing developers: New models of rental housing development to re-shape the post-apartheid city?," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 52(2), pages 297-317, March.
- Natacha Aveline-Dubach, 2020. "The financialization of real estate in megacities and its variegated trajectories in East Asia [La financiarisation de l'immobilier dans les mégapoles d'Asie orientale et leurs trajectoires différe," Post-Print halshs-02517518, HAL.
- Mace, Alan & Holman, Nancy & Paccoud, Antoine & Sundaresan, Jayaraj, 2015. "Coordinating density; working through conviction, suspicion and pragmatism," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 56768, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Fulong Wu, 2016. "China's Emergent City-Region Governance: A New Form of State Spatial Selectivity through State-orchestrated Rescaling," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(6), pages 1134-1151, November.
- Natacha Aveline-Dubach, 2014. "New Patterns of Property Investment in " Post-Bubble " Tokyo [Les nouvelles formes de l'investissement immobilier dans l'après-bulle à Tokyo]," Post-Print halshs-01242564, HAL.
- Graeme Lang & Bo Miao, 2013. "Food Security for China's Cities," International Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 5-20, February.
- Siu Wai Wong & Bo-sin Tang & Jinlong Liu & Ming Liang & Winky K.O. Ho, 2021. "From â€œdecentralization of governanceâ€ to â€œgovernance of decentralizationâ€ : Reassessing income inequality in periurban China," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 53(6), pages 1473-1489, September.
- Nan Guo & Edwin Hon Wan Chan & Esther Hiu Kwan Yung, 2020. "Alternative Governance Model for Historical Building Conservation in China: From Property Rights Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(1), pages 1-16, December.
- Ho-Yin Yue, 2012. "Why housing price in Hong Kong? An explanation in game theory approach," Economics and Business Letters, Oviedo University Press, vol. 1(3), pages 8-15.
- Ma, Shuang & Mu, Ren, 2020. "Forced off the farm? Farmers’ labor allocation response to land requisition in China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 132(C).
- Pierre-Yves DONZÉ, 2011.
"The Comeback of the Swiss Watch Industry on the World Market: A Business History of the Swatch Group (1983-2010),"
Discussion Papers in Economics and Business
11-14, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics.
- Donzé, Pierre-Yves, 2011. "The comeback of the Swiss watch industry on the world market: a business history of the Swatch Group (1983-2010)," MPRA Paper 30736, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emmanuel Trouillard, 2014. "Territorial anchorage of serviced residences in the Paris region (Île-de-France) : a geography of financialized real-estate products? [L'ancrage territorial des résidences avec services privées en ," Post-Print hal-01312429, HAL.
- Nguyen, Quang & Kim, Doo-Chul, 2020. "Reconsidering rural land use and livelihood transition under the pressure of urbanization in Vietnam: A case study of Hanoi," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C).
- Caniato, Federico & Caridi, Maria & Castelli, Cecilia & Golini, Ruggero, 2011. "Supply chain management in the luxury industry: A first classification of companies and their strategies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 622-633, October.
- Cheng, Zhiming & King, Stephen P. & Smyth, Russell & Wang, Haining, 2016.
"Housing property rights and subjective wellbeing in urban China,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 45(S), pages 160-174.
- Zhiming Cheng & Stephen P. King & Russell Smyth & Haining Wang, 2014. "Housing Property Rights and Subjective Wellbeing in Urban China," Monash Economics Working Papers 44-14, Monash University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsSwiss luxury watch companies; China and Southeast Asia; retail real estate;
All these keywords.
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
- N85 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - Asia including Middle East
- R3 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CNA-2015-11-01 (China)
- NEP-NET-2015-11-01 (Network Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2015-11-01 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:osk:wpaper:1528. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/feosujp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Yuka Sawazaki (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/feosujp.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.